Chapter 5

I go inside and close the door. I turn on the shower so he buys my excuse. The water is almost at the highest point for the hot water. The moisture starts fogging up the mirror and the screen on the phone that I take out from my back pocket. His password starts showing and I unlock his phone.

I go to his photos. Let's see what he's been up to. I was definitely not expecting to see his pictures all being about the Parisian superhero, Ladybug. "Tsk! Of course that idiot has a crush on a superhero!" Then again, I heard everyone likes Ladybug around here. I researched her, Cat Noir, and Hawk Moth before coming to Paris and their situation is very similar to the superhero team in London.

Except for the fact that they are known by everyone here and we are stuck hiding in the shadows. Ladybug looks just like Lady Luck and Cat Noir looks like me but more flirtatious while I have the romantic touch.

A message pops up while I go through the Ladybug pictures. I click on it. It takes me to a video with a guy with a red hat, black, blue, and orange headphones, a blue shirt with a white grey and black eye in the middle, and black glasses. He looks so much like Gavroche. But Gavroche wears green. "Hey, my dude. I'm not quite sure what to tell you except that bros are always there for their guys!" Talks like Gavroche too.

"'Bros are always there...' Bla, bla, bla! Moron!" I hit the next button to see the next video. Apparently it's a chain of videos. The video changes to one of a girl who's wearing a pink striped shirt and a purple/pink skirt. She has short blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Unicorns have a saying. 'Even when there's nothing but grey skies and rain, all it takes is one little sunbeam for a rainbow to appear!'" She has Bridgette's energy.

"Loser!" I go to the next video. This one has a guy with brown checkered pants with suspenders, a green shirt, black glasses, and a blue watch. You can see a robot flying to his left. He looks like this one kid in my class. I don't know what his name is.

"It's 100% proven you should feel 52% happier with a healthy dose of laughter. So Markov uploaded a few jokes, starting with--" Ugh! He's exactly like him. Always talking with percentages and facts. Is he even human?

"Freak!"

I go to the next one showing an all too familiar girl. The Mayor's daughter. She's drinking a glass of orange juice. "When my mother left for New York, I felt so sad. It felt like she was... but she came back, and I know how lucky I am. So, you can count on me, my Adrikins."

"Chloe, just as annoying as usual." I remember when I was in Kindergarten and first met her. I was visiting with my mother but she went to talk with aunt Emelie. I went to the front to wait for Adrien. I knew he would come in a few minutes.

However, I was met by an annoying blonde girl who came up to me and hugged me. I was still a kid and wasn't as cold as I've become but I knew I didn't like her. "Adrikins! I missed you! How did you get here so fast? I just saw you at school... and when did you change?" I was about to tell her I wasn't Adrien but her father called her so she left before I could say anything.

Again, I go to the next video to see an almost exact replica of Bridgette. Midnight blue hair, bluebell eyes, rosy lips, porcelain skin, black jacket, and white shirt. The only difference is the length of her pigtails that are shorter than Bridgette's. "Adrien, I love you. I'll always be there if you need me."

She looks less annoying than the girl I know. But they're all the same, they're in love with a guy with blond hair and green eyes. Yet there's something about her that ... no, I'm here to get those rings for my mother. I have to get on with the plan. "Pathetic." I select all of the videos and click on the trash can.

"Video deleted."

Good, now for the next part. "Adrien, could you lend me some clean clothes? I left my suitcase downstairs!" I ask Adrien through the bathroom walls.

"Sure! Take whatever you want in the closet!"

I go to his closet to find clothes that look exactly like the ones he's wearing. "Thanks! They're purr-fect." I say that last part quieter so he doesn't hear. I put on his clothes and fix my hair to look like Adrien's.

I take out his phone from my back pocket and click on the camera to start recording. I clear my throat to sound more like Adrien. I click the record button and start talking like my care-free cousin. "First of all, thanks so much for all your messages, guys! Really! Sending me messages on today, of all days," I change my expression into an angry and sad one. "To remind me how sad I'm supposed to be feeling? Why that's great! Really, thanks a lot!" now the sadness in my expression is gone and only the anger remains.

I have to let it out one way or another. I'm not talking to Adrien's friends anymore, I'm talking to mine with part of the anger I've gathered from that week. "My father was right. What could I possibly get out of going to school? Hanging out with you is a waste of time!" and for that brat. "And Chloe, you're still the same spoiled brat you ever were, you know that?"

I stop the recording and am surprised to taste a salty liquid on my lips. Tears I didn't know I had are streaming down my face.

Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz