one.

𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵

✧✧ 𝐉𝐎𝐄𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒 off the counter at karen's cafe she works there every night and hangs out with her two bestfriends lucas and haley the two people that actually know who she is

✧✧
𝐉𝐎𝐄𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒 off the counter at karen's cafe she works there every night and hangs out with her two bestfriends lucas and haley the two people that actually know who she is. lucas walks in the door sweaty and with his basketball.

"hey mom joey" lucas says walking over to joey giving her a side hug

"hey luke" she says in a calm low voice. just as karen and lucas was about to continue talking haley walks in

"the magazine pages are sticky again. little pervs" she stops and looks at lucas.

"oh hey luke you been reading this?" joey looks at them both and quietly laughs.

lucas rolls his eyes and says "is that the why do hang out with these people? issue, you guys are on the cover of that right?" pointing at haley and joey as joey hit him on his arm.

"no actually it's the "my two best friends are idiots" issue and look you guys are on there." haley says making all the three of them laugh. just as karen walks out with food.

"haley and joey would you like to join us?" karen says with a smile.

"hell yes" haley says as she runs to sit down and grabs a plate.

"yes ma'am" joey says calmly walking over and sitting by lucas while grabbing and plate and starts putting food on it and starts eating.

"so how was your day honey?" obviously talking to lucas but haley starts talking before lucas can answer.

"good, thanks."good" relative, considering a third of the world is starving, which does not change the fact that i am clumsy as hell. did I tell you that i fell down today? Yeah, slipped off the curb, face down, butt in the ai-" before haley finshes her sentence joey kicks her under the table and motions for her to be quiet while karen and lucas starts laughing.

"so i got something for you luke " karen says looking for a book under the table.

"actually, i found it. not that i was looking for something specifically, which implies some hideous sort of " joey loves Dawson" scenario and completely creep me out, but, you know, we saw it, and" haley pauses while everyone is looking at her confused including joey. karen passes the book to lucas and joey peeks over his tall head and reads the title.

"good choice its a good book" joey smiles shyly.

"there's a tide in the affairs of men" karen says smiling at lucas.

"nice thank you guys" lucas says smiling at the two girls and women he loves.

"well thank you guys for uh dinner but i should get going." joey says as she grabs her jacket hugging lucas and waving at the three bye.

joey walks in the classroom followed by nathan , peyton , and lucas. she sits across from lucas and by peyton as she sits down coach whitey walks in the classroom looking around.

"scott" coach says causing everyone to look up.

"yes coach" nathan says turning his head from his books.

"not you" coach pauses and looking at lucas you" he says while walking out the door waiting for lucas to come. nathan turning his eyes meeting with joey staring at her for a few minutes the going back to his books.

joey sits on the bench at the river court lucas shooting before stops and starts walking over to her. as nathan gets out of his car.

"nice shot think you can hit that against a double team, down by 2, packed house telling you you suck? How about just two people telling you you suck" nathan says with a smirk then looking at joey who's looking at him.
lucas looks at joey then back to nathan rolling his eyes.

"what do you want?" lucas says clearly done with nathans bs.

"what do I want? what do you want, man? i mean, other than my girlfriend and my spot in the lineup, huh? none of us want you on the team, man. i don't want you. the guys don't want you. my girlfriend sure as hell doesn't want you. but here's the deal. you and me, one on one. you can name the time and place. if you win, i'll quit the team. if I win, you crawl back in your little hole and you remember your place in all this. time and place, baby. time and place." nathan says walking off looking at joey once again this time winking at her.

joey and lucas watches nathan leave joey turns over to lucas seeing him upset she runs over to hug him. they stay just like that for about 10 minutes. the hug made lucas feel safer like he had joey and he loved that she was always there for him.