five.

𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥.

𝐉𝐎𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐒 the counter at karen's cafe thinking about the other night

about the other night. does lucas hate her? is she wrong for sticking up for nathan? lucas should've heard her out instead of yelling at her. it wasn't her fault she try's and tells herself before lucas walks in.

"hey luke i was starting to think you avoiding me."
joey says causing lucas to look at her hurt and trying to not make eye contact with her causing joey to be worried.

"yeah a little." lucas says causing joey to look down
and continue cleaning looking hurt causing lucas to look at her. before joey shoots up again.

"luke, i was just trying to help. you just like, jumped down my throat. we've always been able to talk about stuff, you know. i just had this crazy idea that if you could see things from nathan's side." causing joey to sigh and look down causing lucas to look at her and shake his head.

"yeah. at least we are honest with eachother right?"
lucas says causing joeys heart to race and looks down not making eye contact.

"yeah." joey says quietly still looking down at the
counter and lucas to sigh.

"so, if anything were going on with you anything important or weird, or confusing i mean, you could still be honest with me about that, right?" lucas says causing joey to still look down but this time nods yes.

"you left that in peyton's car." lucas says causing joey
to shoot up as lucas throws her beanie on the counter and walk out. joey put her hand on her faces and sighs.

joey walks to karen's cafe and thinks about everything
that happen with lucas knowing it was her fault but also his for not hearing her out. joey opens the door and sees haley and lucas turn around and look at her and walks out but they both follow her.

"joey how long are we gonna do this." lucas says causing haley to nod agreeing with him and joey to turn around and stop and look at them.

"do what?" joey says running her fingers in her hair
and cross her hands.

"avoid eachother." lucas says causing haley and joey to look at eachother.

"you tell me your the one who's mad." joey says standing awkwardly causing lucas to walk up.

"you guys lied to me joey." lucas says looking at joey
and haley back and forth. causing joey to roll her eyes wondering why he can't forgive her but haley.

"why can you forgive haley but not me." joey says
causing lucas to sigh and look at her.

"because your tutoring him your not even a tutor." lucas says causing joey to scoff acting like it's a problem when it shouldn't be.