Prologue

I need a maid.

I desperately  need a maid.

This house is much too large for me to maintain on my own while making my dolls.

I just need one, any more than one is too many. I've already put it off for so long, all because I'm too nervous to have someone new staying in my house.

Of course, I don't have to speak these words for myself, Angie has already done so for me.

"It's about time, the amount of dust building up in that place is despicable, I'll even offer up one of mine if you don't have one at the ready, Mother Miranda.", Alcina was very kind, in her own way.

"There's no need, I've been waiting a while now for Donna to accept my offer, I have the perfect maid already chosen for her", Mother Miranda turned to me. I believe she was smiling, it's a little difficult to see under her mask. I nodded, Angie thanked her for me.

It only took a couple hours after our meeting for the maid to be sent over. I wasn't exactly prepared for her to be here so soon. I may have hidden myself away in my workshop. I need time before I can face her. At least I don't have to worry about running into her, now that she'll be taking care of the house for me.

I sent Angie to show her around, and give her the chores. I'm sure it'll be fine in due time, just not yet.