A Piece Of The Soul

I had set off to my room in order to unpack. I hung my clothes in the wardrobe, placed my sewing supplies on the desk, and finally, I set up my books where the other books in the room lay. I had paused for a moment to look at them. They mostly seemed to be gardening and anatomy books. These will be helpful when i need to garden later. On the other hand, I'm already quite familiar with anatomy. The human body is one of many things in this world that fascinates me.

As I set up my sewing supplies, I made sure to work around the dolls in the room. They seemed so beautiful and delicate, I didn't want to disturb them at all. Once I had finally finished, I tucked my suitcase under the bed, changed into my maid attire, and looked over the list one last time. I thought I would do my duties one room at a time.

Given the condition of the house, it would take me a few days to get it in tip top shape.

I would begin with the main room. It appeared to be the most well kept, so it shouldn't take me too long. Also, it's the first thing people see when they walk in the house, it should always have a perfect image, especially since this is the house of one of the four lords. Common knowledge.

I worked hard, but this room took much longer than I thought. I needed to clean off all the furniture, dust them, and wipe them down. then move them to get to the floors. I also had to move the dolls to clean properly. I felt bad about touching them, I even hesitated at first, and apologized to the dolls as I moved them. I was tempted to clean them as well, but chose not to. Touching them was already a bit much for the time being, I'll ask Lady Angie later if Lady Beneviento wants them to be tended to. As soon as all the furniture was back, I put the dolls back exactly where they were before.

With the room finished, I stepped back to admire my work. I was quite proud of myself. A little stretch was definitely well deserved. My muscles ache from moving so much heavy furniture on my own. As I stretched, I found myself gazing upon the portrait above the stairs. I wonder if that really is Lady Beneviento. I'm not sure how long ago Lady Angie was made, that could very well be her mother, or grandmother? I really cant say, but the possibility is still there. It only makes me want to figure it out even more. If I could meet Lady Beneviento, that would certainly answer the question. Although, Lady Angie herself could tell me. No, I will save this question, in case I ever have the pleasure of meeting Lady Beneviento.

I realized I had been standing there just staring at the portrait. I still have much more work to do.

I had managed to dust off and wipe down the table in the dining room before my stomach protested loudly against my lack of food. I was so caught up in work, I had almost forgotten. I took a couple slices of bread, eating them as I worked. I had moved the dolls, while apologizing, once again to clean the furniture, then moved them back once more. By this time, it was already getting dark, and I was getting far too tired to continue any longer. I went up to my room and stretched again. Gathering my toiletries, I headed for the bathroom. A nice relaxing bath was the best way to end the day. I'm quite glad there's no dolls in here, for some reason they feel different from regular dolls, as if they may actually be watching me. I shook the feeling off, finished my bath and got comfortable in bed. I grabbed one of the gardening books. I planned on heading into town tomorrow, as soon as I finish up in the dining room. I'd like to get some better food for myself, and perhaps a few buttons for my latest sewing project. Once I was too tired to focus on what I was reading, I put the book down, shut off the light, and slowly fell asleep to the sound of the waterfall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood in a dark room. there was a light shining on me from above, but I couldn't tell where the source was coming from. I couldn't see anything around me, but I could hear things. I heard running water, like a waterfall. And voices.