Yes, Another Biscuit

Before I knew it, a week had passed. 

I tried to ask Lady Angie more questions, but she refused to answer anything else. I would try every so often, but I must respect her wishes, even if some of them may be sort of strange.

This time, I made sure to sweep the part of the halls Lady Beneviento would be walking in first, so they would be clean for her, unlike last week. I waited for them by the lift a few minutes earlier than when they left last week. I could feel my heart racing. Then, I heard the lift, and my heart stopped. The anticipation was killing me. Is there something wrong with the lift? It seems to be going slower than usual. 

Finally, it opened. 

I instinctively smiled.

Lady Angie walked out.

Only Lady Angie.

I believe I may have frowned slightly. "Where is Lady Beneviento? Shouldn't she be going with you?"

"Don't worry about her, she's just not ready yet," Lady Angie began walking to the front door. I hesitated at first, looking back to the lift, then followed behind her. "When do you think she will be ready? I'd like to show her out again, as I did last week." Lady Angie stopped dead in her tracks, "I told ya, don't worry about her. You'll get to see her this afternoon for tea! There is no way I'm going to let her cancel that, she needs it." She squinted her eyes, glaring at me. At least, I think so. She was looking more to the side of me.

Lady Angie didn't let me get another word in. I had no choice but to only open the door and send her on her way. Now, I am left once again in utter confusion. 

I skipped out on cleaning this time. Although I may be going against direct orders, I felt a longing to do this for her. Maybe it's a deep desire of mine, for her to be comfortable around me. Maybe I still want to make up for that terrible mistake I made. Maybe it's both, I can't tell. I just know I feel bad. I feel bad about a lot of things. I always seem to do something wrong whenever I see her. She's always so nervous, I doubt she's always in a constant state of nervousness, that's just... inhuman. I wish to help her. If I could do something for her, or talk to her. 

Hopefully she'll be ready to leave soon, so I can ask her then. Although I wonder, would it be ok to approach her without Lady Angie? The only time Lady Angie left me alone with her, she got even more scared. 

I waited anyways, just in case. If it's too much for her, I'll back off.

I waited, and waited. I sat down in the main room, in the chair facing the front doors. Sitting by the lift might be a bit too much right now. I waited all day, and I saw no sign of Lady Beneviento. Eventually, it was getting around the time when they would return home, I planned on preparing for the tea party around now. Last time, we only had tea. This time, I wanted it to be proper, with a nice table cloth, milk and sugar options, a pastry platter, all of it really

Lady Beneviento must've gone out some back door I don't know about. She's one of the lords, she can't miss a meeting, she left at some point for sure. I mean, they've done it before somehow. 

I sighed, then stretched. Sitting in a chair all day was a terrible idea. I went to the dining room and began preparing. I found an old tablecloth when I was cleaning here the first time. I left it in a cupboard so it would be less work for me. The room only has to look nice when it's in use, when it's being cleaned, the tablecloth gets in the way. I set it up along with the platter and other dishes. I filled the platter with pastries I had bought earlier this week; without a proper kitchen, I couldn't make them myself. Lastly, I prepared the milk, sugar, sweetener, cream, and honey. This way, if they wanted something- or at least, if Lady Beneviento wanted something, she wouldn't have to ask me. I checked the time, any second now they would come through the doors. I quickly turned on the kettle, and stood by the front door. Soon enough, I heard footsteps coming up the porch steps. I couldn't be patient any longer, so I opened the door.