A Bit Of Light Reading

I didn't clean much in the study. There is a possibility I got distracted by all the books. As I dusted one I would find myself looking at the cover, then the inside. Next thing I knew, I was knee deep in a world of time travel. I stood by the shelf, feather duster in hand, reading. Soon enough, I heard a noise by the door. I jumped, and hid the book behind my back. It was Donna.

"Dahlia, what are you hiding?"

" What? Oh, this? It's, uh, It's just a book, I was cleaning it that's all "

She hummed, "That's funny, it looked as though you were reading, perhaps I was mistaken."

I sighed. "No, I'm sorry, I was reading." 

"I can't blame you, it is such a lovely book."

I sat down on the couch. As I looked around the room, I saw how very little I got done in here.

"How long have I been doing this?" Donna sat down next to me.

"About three hours."

I groaned, leaning my head back, "I'm sorry for being a failure of a maid. I can't believe I got so little done in a whole three hours, because of books."

"Dahlia, don't be so hard on yourself. You work hard on this house every single day, it's okay if you want to relax for a day and just read. In fact, that's your duty for the day. No more cleaning, I want you to have a relaxing afternoon full of reading." She shuffled in her seat, "I could even sit in here with you if you'd like."

I perked up at that last statement. I agreed enthusiastically. I picked up the book I had been reading and got comfortable on the couch. Donna picked her own book, and did the same. 

We read for so long, it's hard to guess what time it is now. I was nearing the end of the book, when I peered over the edge at Donna. With one hand, she held her book in front of her face, with the other, she had pulled her veil to the side. It was still shielding her face from me, but now I suppose she could read much more clearly. Her legs were crossed, and her back was slightly hunched. I took in every detail of the sight before me. I couldn't help it. She was breathing slowly, calmly. She let go of her veil to turn the page, then resumed her position. 

The sight was beautiful. It was calming. Feeling her in the room with me, seeing her so comfortable and relaxed, it made me warm inside.

I couldn't read anymore.

I couldn't focus.

I could only do one thing, think one thought.

'Oh no, for fucks sake

I'm in love with Donna Beneviento.'