the things i did - part 2

requested by: Kacey1473

it had been just been over three months since mason and i had broken up and to say i felt miserable was an understatement. it felt unnatural to be without him, in anything i was doing because everything reminded me of him; i couldn't even brush my teeth without imagining him wrap his arms around my waist as he usually did.

but another thing that was constantly reminding me of him was the baby that was growing inside of me. our baby.

we always talked about starting a family together and what we'd do when they were born but i never had imagined carrying his child without him with me. he didn't know because how was i meant to tell my ex, who i was still madly in love with, that i was pregnant with his baby.

i had found out i was pregnant a few weeks after the break up when i had been experiencing pregnancy symptoms, but i didn't know they were, and the hospital had told me that i was just over a month into my pregnancy. i knew that i would have to tell him sooner or later but i just didn't want to think about the possible outcomes of that specific conversation, it could go either way. he'd be over the moon that he was going to be a dad or he'd be annoyed that i kept it from him.

we spoke very rarely, the only times we talked was when i picked up the rest of my things from his house and it was awkward between us but that didn't stop the feelings. i longed for us to talk, either a simple message or a lengthy deep conversation; i just wanted to hear his voice.

i found it hard to sleep without him next to me, with his arms around my waist as he placed gentle kisses on my neck. my bed and my body felt bare without his presence, i craved his touch and the feelings of his fingers tracing shapes on my skin. i had debated calling him a few times in the middle of the night but i always told myself not to, until tonight.

my finger was hovering over my phone, his contact lighting up the bright screen as i kept repeating to myself to press the call button. however, before i got the chance to, my phone began to ring. his contact photo filling the screen as i waited a few seconds before accepting the call, his voice joyful when he began speaking. "hey, did i wake you?"

"no, hard to wake someone when they've not slept." i spoke back to him, an awkward chuckle following. "is everything okay?"

"yeah." he said unsurely, so i decided to not say anything until he told the truth.

"mason." i spoke softly to him so he knew that i wanted to help him, like i always did when we were together.

"i'm not okay. i miss you." he began to choke on his words, my heart slowly beginning to break at the sound of him. "i need you with me, y/n. i can't do it."