the argument

requested by darcymal

"mummy, where's daddy?" thea asked me whilst i was helping her with her dance shoes as she played with her tutu.

"he said he's on his way, darling." i looked up at her face, watching as she got excited at the mention of her favourite person in the entire world. "are you excited?"

thea shook her head at my question, my face softening at her non verbal answer. "i'm scared."

"what're you scared of?" my voice gentle, not wanting to get her upset right before she went on to dance, especially since this was her first ever dance recital.

"of messing up and everybody laughing at me."

"oh darling, i promise nobody will laugh at you if you mess up." i reassured her, caressing her cheek with my thumb as a small smile began to appear on her face, all of her features identical to masons. "and if you do get nervous on stage, just keep looking at me, okay?"

"i love you." thea threw her little arms around my neck, her face snuggled into my neck as i placed a few kisses on her cheek which made her giggle.

"i love you more, my little ballerina, you're going to be amazing."

once i had given one more hug and a few more kisses, it was time for us all to take our seats in the audience and because i was the proudest mum there, i had to get front seats. one for me and one for mason, well that was if he decided to show up. as the dance show progressed, it was getting closer to thea's part and there was still no sign of mason; i had messaged him multiple times, i had called him when i went to the toilet and i had even messaged ben to see where he was but i didn't get a reply off  of either of them.

what really broke my heart was when thea came out with the rest of the boys and girls in her class, the happiest smile on her face as she looked for me until it dropped when she realised there was an empty seat next to me. i had this sudden feeling of guilt, even though i had done nothing wrong, and i didn't want thea to get that vibe off of me so i blew her a kiss, her smile coming back.

after we made it home after the show and i had given thea a quick bath, i let her stay in mine and masons room for a bit before it was time to eat, her insisting to watch barbie princess charm school; which i ended up watching the first thirty minutes of with her; deciding to spend some time with her before i went downstairs to start making dinner, which didn't happen as i ended up watching friday night dinner.

"hey, babe." i heard masons voice from behind me after two episodes, my gaze set on the show as i avoided talking to him. "babe?"

"i'm not in the mood to talk to you right now."

"come on, don't be like that with me, y/n." mason huffed, walking round the sofa so he could stand in front of me, my head now resting on my hand.

"where were you?" i looked up at him, my face stern.