a birthday surprise

for NaziaSooting32 happy birthday angel !!

"what on earth?" i mumbled to myself as i got out of my car, the sight of a bouquet of flowers cast on the doorstep along with a card was making me confused; i had already received my gifts off mason and my family, so it was running through my mind as who could've sent them.

mason had sent me out earlier today, just before midday, and told me to not come back for a few hours, him sending me a message when i was allowed to come home. of course i was confused and almost slightly anxious about why he was making me do this, but i knew that he wouldn't be doing anything bad because it was him. so to make the most of my time alone, i decided to have a pamper day. i got my acrylic nails freshly done, spent too much money on new clothes and met up with one of my closest friends so we could get food.

pulling my bag up my shoulder to prevent it from falling and putting all my shopping bags on the stoned step by the door, i bent down to pick up the small enveloped card that was tucked on top of the pink peonies, my favourite flowers. as soon as i held the card close enough to my face, the scent of a certain aftershave put a smile on my face, his aftershave. mason had a signature scent, his dior sauvage being the one perfume he'd reach for every time he got ready so when i was immediately welcomed by that scent, i knew the flowers were his doing.

my love, i have a little scavenger hunt set up for you. do this successfully and your surprise will be found. firstly, go to the place where we are lost in the memory. i scanned my eyes over the handwritten note, masons handwriting being one of my favourite features of his, along with many other things. but the place where we are lost in the memory could only be one place in the entire house, the wall we have dedicated to framed photos of us throughout the years. photos from the christmas days we spent with each other, anniversaries, on holidays and the many selfies that we loved to take.

i knew this was the place that mason was on about in his note as i saw a little gold envelope on our favourite photo, it was the one from our most recent holiday with masons family to ibiza. there was no question why it was our all time favourite as we looked so hopelessly in love with one another; my arms were wrapped tightly around his waist whilst his were cupping my face as the beaming smiles on our faces were simply irreplaceable.

everyday that we're together, and even the days we're apart, you never fail to make me feel the same as how i feel in this picture. next, go to the place where we leave the christmas lights up until january. my heart began to melt at his message, my lips instantly turning into a small smile, it had only become a recent tradition to leave the christmas lights up until january, the pair of us having too much adoration and love for our decorations that we would leave them up for as long as we possibly could without declan telling us that christmas had passed. the blush on my cheeks getting darker by the second as i took a second look at the photo on the wall. we always keep our love in a photograph, we made these memories for ourselves and mason always said that we will be able to look back on this and show our kids when we have them.