first date

requested by readinggirlll123

"daddy, can you tell me a story?" thea asked quietly once mason had finished tucking her into bed, her beloved fluffy bear that she had named nothing other than teddy tucked under her arm, her long brunette hair sprawled across her pillow.

"of course i can angel, which one?" mason reached to stroke her hair once he had gotten comfortable on the edge of her small bed, his knees tucked up close to him as her bed was quite close to the floor.

"one about you and mummy, please." Thea's face held a bright smile as she asked, once again, for one of those stories but mason could never get enough of telling his daughter many of the memories that we had made and thea never got tired of hearing them.

"the last time you asked me, I told you about when we find out that mummy was pregnant with you so i'll tell you about when I met her for the first time, I think you'll like that one."

3 YEARS EARLIER

"are you sure this guy isn't a mass murderer?"I huffed to my best friend as I stared into my wardrobe, trying to find a suitable option for the night ahead of me.

"babe, he's one of bens best friends, he's a nice guy." my best friend tried to convince me, her and her boyfriend, ben, had set up a blind date for me and one of his friends.

"that's what they all said about ted bundy, look at what happened there." I was adamant on her changing her mind, even if there was a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that tonight would actually be fun but there was no way that id be telling her that.

"i can promise you that he is nothing like ted bundy, i've met him so many times." after she said this, I knew it would be almost impossible for me to get out of the date tonight and I knew that I could always use the excuse of a family emergency but she'd see right through it. "you'll really like him, i can feel it."

"i'm only doing this for you, im alright with being single." I tried to make my voice sound somewhat convincing but I sounded so sarcastic in that moment of time that I wanted to whack my head against a brick wall.

"you're really not, you've cried the past week because you want a boyfriend." my best friend giggled, the memories of the nights from the past week where i'd call her crying as I ate ben and jerry's ice cream whilst watching season one of afterlife.

"technically that's not my fault, i was on my period and feeling very emotional."

"my point still stands." I could tell that she had the look of triumph on her face, she was predictable in that sense which made me chuckle. "just go on this one date and if it doesn't go well then so be it but you never know, plus you've already seen him before."

"what do you mean?"

"oh is that the time, i better get going." her voice was rushed and I knew that she didn't want to explain what she meant so I gave her the benefit of the doubt, mumbling a small good-bye to her as my focus was on deciding on whether to wear the red lace dress or the black silk dress, ultimately deciding on the black one. "enjoy your date, i'll phone you later."