is that my baby?

requested by XxCasey_BrendonXx

the time was two-thirty and i had absolutely no luck on falling asleep. mason lay next to me, probably dreaming, with his arm around my waist as he rested his hand on my bump, a habit he'd done throughout this entire pregnancy and even when i was pregnant with thea.

i had been tossing and turning for majority of the night and i wouldn't have been surprised if i had accidentally woke mason up at some point in the night. being heavily pregnant, now being over 40 weeks, and not finding comfort in any position i lay in was not a good combination at all; and despite the fact that i had been up early with thea didn't make it any easier to fall asleep.

after another ten minutes of shutting my eyes, hoping that i'd become tired but having no luck in doing so, i carefully picked masons hand up off of my stomach so i could get out of the warm bed; my body instantly getting covered in goosebumps because of the cold air outside of the bed. once i had successfully stood up, mason stirring behind me as i began to walk away from our bed before i stopped in hopes that he stayed asleep, which luckily he did.

cradling my bump, the one that now made it so i could no longer bend down or see my toes, i began to pace around the room, my footsteps as light as i could make them even though i knew that our carpeted floor didn't creak; i made my way into the en-suite bathroom. i had decided to take a shower until i heard the door open behind me, my body hunched over as i held onto the sink whilst i rocked back and forth.

"are you alright, my love?"

"it hurts, mase."

"i think your waters might have broken." he told me calmly, his hand now on my back rubbing it gently as an act of physical comfort.

"they haven't, i've not felt it." i shook my head, resting it on my bent arm, trying to count how long the contractions were lasting.

"sweetheart, there's a huge puddle in the bed." mason said as i grew confused because i hadn't felt them break. "you're in labour."

"but what about thea? we can't just leave her here."

"i'm going to ring my mum, i told her last night that you was in pain so she's been awake all night."

"phone her and see if she can come over, i don't want to take thea to theirs and worry her." i told mason as i felt another contraction come along, him leaving the room to get his phone before coming back into the bathroom.

it had only been twelve minutes since mason had called that debbie had arrived, an overnight bag in her hand as well as a gift bag in the other, the gift bag obviously being something for the baby due to its design on the front.