family meal

requested by ZahraaBilal hope you enjoy it!!

"thea, what do you want to wear, darling?" i asked my four year old, as i stood in front of her wardrobe scanning through her endless amount of clothes, waiting to hear her opinion.

"i want to match daddy." she told me, not really narrowing down the options as i had no clue what mason was wearing.

"what's daddy wearing?" i asked her, turning my head when i heard her stop playing, watching as she ran out of the room to probably find him. not long after she had ran out of the room, she walked in holding onto masons hand as if he was going to fly away from her.

"daddy looks pretty, doesn't he mummy?" thea beamed, looking up at her dad who placed his hand on the back of her head.

"he looks very pretty, bub." i looked at masons face, only now seeing the bright pink eyeshadow that he had on his eyelids. "are you wearing eyeshadow?"

"thea insisted on doing my makeup for the restaurant, didn't you?" our daughter proudly nodding her head, clearly enthusiastic about the makeup that she had put on mason.

"mummy's makeup is better though." thea had now decided to wrap her arms around my leg, something that she did to either of us when she wanted something.

"what do you want, thea mount?" i jokingly placed a hand on my hip, my other hand resting in her hair as my fingers lightly scratched her scalp.

"will you do my makeup please?" she reached her arms up for me to pick her up, mason taking this as an opportunity to tickle her; the action instantly making her drop to the floor. "daddy stop!"

"the tickle monster said he'll stop when you give daddy a cuddle." mason bent down, lifting thea in his arms whilst still tickling her stomach; her giggles filling the room making both of us smile.

"but i always give you cuddles." thea tried to push her hands away, calling out for me to help her but i was in my own world watching my two favourite people.

"just one cuddle and i'll stop." he said to her, thea throwing her arms around masons neck as he swayed them slightly, my attention going back onto finding thea an outfit as we had to leave in the next fifteen minutes.

"okay, thea, do you want to wear this?" i held a white dress up, watching as her and mason studied the first outfit that i had chosen.

"probably not the best for her to wear for a meal." mason told me before i started nodding along as i put it back because thea was messy when she ate; she would always choose to get spaghetti bolognese and without a doubt, it would always end up around her mouth and a little bit on her shirt.