••part nine••

WAIT TO PLAY THE SONG
————————————————————

Once I got back in my room, I shut the door and kept looking at all the pictures of us two. I stopped and realized that I haven't played my guitar in a while. I stood up and walked to the other side of my room, right next to my guitar. I picked it up and grabbed my notebook. I sat down right next to the wall, leaning my back on the wall. Then, I opened my notebook and started writing a song. I don't know how I had so much inspiration but I wrote one. I wrote it really fast too. I picked up my guitar and started to play it, trying to find the right notes. Once I got it, I started playing it and humming the words. Soon enough it was ready to be played. I got ready and started to sing it.

Noah's POV:
once me and Willa were done eating I went upstairs and was about to go talk to maya. I walked by her room and heard someone playing the guitar. She started humming a song and soon enough she started to play it. I slid my back down the door, starting to lean my back on it.

PLAY THE SONG AT THE TOP (if you can't, it's happier by Olivia Rodrigo)

I listened to every word she was singing. I figured it was about me because we broke up a month ago. I started tearing up as I kept listening. Of course I missed maya. I miss her being in my arms every night, I miss her telling me stories about her past, I miss playing with her hair. I miss her more then anything. That night at the party, I finally felt better again. I also broke up with Emily that night, she never made me happy, I just dated her to try and make myself forget about maya. Breaking up with maya was the worst thing I've ever done. I broke her heart, just because I thought she wasn't happy with me.

When the song ended, I heard sniffles coming from her room. I'm pretty sure she was crying. That makes both of us. I stood up and softly knocked on her door.

Maya's POV:

After singing the song, I started to cry. I can't stop thinking about Noah. He made me so happy and-.

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knocking on the door. I thought it was Willa so I walked to the door, not even caring about my tear stained cheeks. I opened the door to see Noah. He was looking down at the ground. When he looked up he had red puffy eyes.
Once I fully opened the door he walked up to me and engulfed me in a huge hug. He started sobbing in my shoulder. I hate seeing Noah so sad, I softly rubbed his back with my other hand I played with his hair. I let a few tears escape my eyes, I was so sad and I missed him too much to even think about the pain he put me in. We both kept hugging for a long time. I really missed hugging him like this. Once he calmed down he looked at me and said, "I'm sorry maya." I could here the pain in his voice. "It's fine noah." I started.
"No, no, it's not fine. I treated you like garbage. I said stuff I didn't mean, just because I thought you weren't happy with me." He had a voice crack at the end. I could tell he meant it.
"You really didn't mean anything you said that night?" I questioned, talking about the night we broke up.
"No, I didn't. Please forgive me." He pleaded with tears in his eyes.
I look at him and say, "I forgive you." He looks at me and then my lips. I looked at his lips and we both started leaning in. Soon enough, our lips connected. I then pulled back fast, remembering that he has a girlfriend.
"Noah, oh my gosh." I step away from him. He looked at me hurt and asked, "what?"
"You have a girlfriend." A small smile formed on his face. "I broke up with her, she was a bitch and never made me happy." He told me, a look of relieved formed on my face. I walked up to him and kissed him again. This kiss was different from the others, it was more passionate then any other kiss we've ever had. We both pulled back and Noah said, "I miss you maya." I look at him and smile, "I miss you too." He smiled and said, "will you be my girlfriend again?" My smile brightened.
"Of course." I said happily. We kissed again and I said, " I want to keep things private this time." He looked at me and said, "same, we won't tell the public, deal?" He held out his pinkie and I attached my pinkie, smiling.
I decided to post on insta, so I got my dog and Noah was putting sunglasses on him, which was hilarious. I snapped a picture and posted it

@mayawilliams

cap: happier now

cap: happier now

*comments off*

————————————————————
AUTHORS NOTE

im thinking about quitting this story. idk you tell me if i should or shouldn't. I also might start writing a jj maybank story from obx. I'm really excited to see season two, so yea, tell me what i should do. REMINDER YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND PLEASE EAT XOXO😘