Chapter 17

A snowy world that Azrael and Hogarth touch down in.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Arriving at the office building, I see Azrael walk forward and out of the building with his own luggage drawn by his hand. He also has a large winter coat under one arm as he walks out which moves around as he walks. The morning light shines across his face and my breath catches in my throat as his grey eyes catch the light and glitter. If only I could hold that face to mine, and gaze deeply into those eyes.

"Good morning, Hogarth," he says, smiling at me as he approaches.

"Goo morning, Azrael," I reply.

Azrael called me yesterday for the first time when I was at home, and I almost had a happy fit when I heard his voice. He had called me to tell that indeed we would need to leave early ad head to Alaska via plane. I was just happy to hear his voice that I acted quite stupid while he was talking to me.

"Well, let's get going," says Azrael as Chad pulls up in front of us with the car.

After stowing the luggage we have we get in the car and start to head to the airport an tarmac where the jet plane is.

"Were you able to pack winter coats?" asks Azrael to me as we enter traffic and low a little.

"I think I was able to," I answer, "at least, I packed the best coat I had."

"If the coat in question is too cold," says Azrael, "I can buy you a new one in Alaska. It'd be terrible if you were cold."

"Or better yet," says Azrael as he thinks about something, "I could lend you one of the coats at home in Alaska. I'm pretty sure there are a few laying around at home."

"Thank you," I say, "if it comes to that, I'll gratefully accept."

Azrael nods and then we settle into a silence until we get to the airport. We stop at a gate where there's a guard standing, and after showing our passports, also talking a little, he lets us through and we arrive at the jet, waiting for us to go.

Azrael's jet is somewhat the generic expensive one, and there's nothing vain and unneeded about the details. Inside though there are comfortable seats and more than enough luxury that might be missing on the outside.

After handing our luggage to people on the tarmac who store it in the cargo, we get on the plane, waiting to fly off. The pilots are already preparing the plane and talk into headsets with the radio tower. When they see Azrael get on they smile and say hello.

Azrael and I sit across from one another with a window to the left of me and right of him. He has on a suit as usual but instead of a vest he has a sweater on. It's cold here in D.C., but I'm guessing that it's more of preparation for Alaskan weather. He looks good in it though.

Thinking now, it's a bit of a bummer that we didn't get to go to Texas as it's warmer. Which means Azrael who's not acclimated to warmer weather would probably perspire more and also wear less clothes. Less clothes? Well, maybe T-shirts and shorts instead of pants and dress shirts which he usually wears. Which, would somewhat nice to see.

Taking off, we fly through the air and soon we're heading to Alaska. It's about six hours according to Azrael, but if the air currents are alright it might be less.

Looking out the window, I see D.C. drop below us and disappear from view. Soon, clouds start to come into view and block some of what I can see below. Also, tiny little crystals of ice start to form on the window outside.

Azrael falls asleep actually after an hour in the air and I can't keep my eyes off him. Leaning back in his chair, his face is relaxed and some of his black hair falls over his brow. Maybe because his posture is leaning back and his shoulders pushed forward by the cushions of the chair he sits in, his shirt and sweater is crumpled a little as it rises and falls with his breathing.