Chapter 37

Putting the belt of mine back on my pants and also putting on my shoes, I walk through security in the London airport and then head over with Azrael, James, and Levi to the plane we booked our flights on. Jane has to fly back to D.C. today, and Azrael thought that it would be better to have her in his jet while the four of us headed over to Bahrain with commercial flights.

Walking to the gate where our flight will arrive soon, we sit down in some of the chairs around and wait. Levi and James talk about going to find a store to perhaps acquire a small meal before we get on the plane, and after some more dialogue they agree to do so and depart.

Azrael sits next to me and we talk and wait.

"Did you enjoy London?" asks Azrael to me.

"I did," I reply as I nod, "it was the first place I visited outside of my home country, but I hope it won't be the last. Not to mention that I hope this isn't the last time I come to London."

"I agree," says Azrael, "I really like coming here too. London I think is wonderful. I know they say that kind of things in the movies, but I really do think so."

"Do you think you'll enjoy Bahrain as much as here?" I ask Azrael.

"I'd hope so," says Azrael with a nod, "we'll touch down in the capital of Manama where we'll stay the whole time. The three days will be spent with equal proportion of meeting important figures and also lounging."

"Really?" I ask, "What kind of lounging are we speaking of?"

"Beaches and fine dining," answers Azrael, "I think it's wise to relax, as observing myself I seem to have improved in my physical state while not toiling continuously."

"I agree," I say, "you look better than almost a year ago when we first met."

"I do?" asks Azrael curiously.

"You do," I say with a nod, "your skin seems to have cleared up greatly and also your voice I think has smoothed out."

"I guess so," says Azrael as he holds up his hand, "I used to have awful burn marks on my fingers. But they're gone. And I don't cough as much. That's wonderful."

"It seems you're better off now, eh?" I say with a smile.

"It would," agrees Azrael with a smile and nods, "thank to you mostly. I really should pay you more."

It's not payment I want. I want something more intimate.

"We brought you some sandwiches," says Levi as he arrives back with James, "we're not sure what you wanted, so we picked a few to choose from."

"Oh, that's very nice of you," says Azrael as he smiles and takes a plastic bag handed to him.

"You can choose first," says Azrael as he holds open the plastic bag door me, and I look inside at the sandwiches.

"Thank you, I'll have this," I say as I pick out a tuna sandwich.

"No problem," says Azrael with a smile, and pulls out the turkey sandwich from the bad, and eats it happily.

Around the time when I finish eating my sandwich and take a swig of water, the gate opens and people start to line up to board the plane. Luckily, there's no drama that plagues so many airports and we're soon in our seats sitting down. Azrael and I sit next to each other while James and Levi are in front of us.

"Oh, crap," I say as I look around my backpack.

"What's up?" asks Azrael as he buckles his seatbelt and tightens it around the hoodie he wears today instead of his usual suit.