Bonus - Azrael Reverse

Checking my watch for the time, I note how I have to prepare for the cohort for the position as my secretary since he'll be arriving soon. My watch says it's near ten-thirty, and that's the promised time. I begin to stack the other papers I don't need for that instance into the corner of my desk, while shifting some pens and a paper with the cohort to the center of my desk.

  My office door sounds with a knock, and I say to enter. Levi opens the door and smiles a little.

  "The cohort is here. Should I show him in?" asks Levi.

  "Yes, please," I say with a smile and nod, "I'm just getting ready for him."

  Levi nods before stepping to the side to let me see a person standing behind him. Around my chest height, a slight young man with dark hair and soft warm color skin stands nervous with eyes a little wide, but not scared to enter. His suit is fitted to his body but I can tell that perhaps he's not used to it even if his necktie is done nicely since his attire seems stiff. 

  "Hello," he says, and his softer voice pulls my eyes to his, which are grey and won't let my gaze go.

  "Hello back to you," I say as I glance down at the paper in front of me, "Azrael, I believe."

  "Yes, sir," says Azrael as he takes another step into my office before stopping, "I've come to apply for the position as your secretary, Mr. Fallin."

  "Please, call me Hogarth," I say as I find myself standing to walk over him.

  My approach towards Azrael seems to have him shrinking a little into his shoes while his eyes wider than before a little look up at my taller height. I reach out a hand and find his smaller one in mine as I shake it.

  "Please," I say as I pull his hand a little and gesturing to an empty chair in front of my desk, "sit. I've been expecting you."

  "Thank you," says Azrael, and I notice that he's still a little nervous as he walks carefully to the seat, and Levi after a grin to me leaves my office quietly.

  "So," I say as I sit down at my desk, "Azrael, tell me a little about yourself."

  "Yes, sir," says Azrael as he perks, his fists flexing once before he talks, "I just recently graduated from University, with a degree in business, accounting, and English. I also have an associate's in Japanese. I also have experience as an intern at Vita Bona Inc. before coming here to apply for this position."

  "Ah, so you've had the honor of working with Dean and Martin?" I ask.

  I have trouble formulating a question to ask him since I'm so caught up in Azrael's appearance before me that I have to remind myself to focus on my job.

  "Yes, sir," says Azrael, nodding in an obedient way that is not good for him to do in front of me.

  "I also see that you have three degrees," I say, "very impressive."

  "Thank you, sir," says Azrael.

  "Well, what do you think you have to bring benefit to this company, and that which makes you the best cohort as my secretary?" I ask, throwing the hardest question his way because I can't think of anything else. 

  "Ah, yes," says Azrael, probably uncomfortable from the sudden question with so much weight, and his nervous and rigid stance trips a little as he tries to think, "I believe I have the faculties of being on time, being organized, and having assiduity, which allows me to overcome arduous and difficult issues and support you in any calamity."

  The answer because he speaks carefully but also slowly gives me time to take in his appearance, which like a good dream sits before me. I'm not one for romance, coming from the harsh world of business, but this little man might just be the perfect one for me to pour in all my emotion. I know I've worked some years now and if this Azrael wanted anything I'd heap it all over him.