Chapter 41

Pulling the door of room open, I walk inside and then pull sideways the Japanese sliding door and inside Azrael and James are waiting for me. They sit at a the low table with cushion chairs where they smile at me when they see me.

  "Hi, Hogarth," says Azrael as he smiles, "did you enjoy the bath?"

  "I did," I say as I smile and also sit down next to him, "I really liked it."

  "You should wear one of these," suggests James as he points to what he and Azrael are wearing.

  "What is it?" I ask as I look at Azrael's.

  "It's a yukata," answers Azrael, "it's a gown. I think there's one there."

  He points to a dresser where sure enough, one sits.

  "Oh, perfect," I say, and thinking a little more lascivious thoughts I pull off my clothes and leave on my underwear and slip into the thing.

  I notice Azrael's eyes on my body, and again his pink cheeks that were touched by the hot bath heat up to a red. I see James giggle into his hand, and almost laugh myself.

  Keeping a little of the top part open, and exposing my chest to be visible to Azrael, I sit down and say, "So what are we sitting here for?"

  "We're waiting for our food," says James, "we ordered it earlier, and soon it'll be here."

  "That's good," I say as I lean back in my chair, making sure Azrael can see my chest still, "do you think it'll be sushi, Azrael?"

  "Oh! Um," says Azrael as he catches himself and his face heats up more, "I-I'm not sure about that. But perhaps other things."

  There's a knock from the door, and several of the ladies with the beautiful kimono come inside with trays of food that I don't really know, but smell and feel my mouth water. After the ladies bow and then leave, we start to dig in.

  Azrael picks up the chopsticks and begins to use them as if it's nothing. James picks them and tries to use them, but can't seem to do so with the same ease as Azrael. I don't even know how to begin.

  "Um, Azrael," I say, and I immediately have his attention, "how do I use chopsticks?"

  "Oh, well," says Azrael as he sits his down and picks up mine, "let me show you."

  I hold out my hand and put the chopsticks in my hand and try to copy the motion that Azrael does with his hand. But, there's some difficulty. I just manage to pick up some rice and raise it to my mouth, and snatch it up before one of the sticks falls from my hand.

  "It's hard, don't worry," says Azrael, "I at one point didn't know how to use it either."

  "Yeah," I say as I try to pick up some fish, and then fail, "I might need more time than most."

  "Here," says Azrael as he picks up my chopsticks and uses it to hold out food from my plate to me, "how about now?"

  I smile, and lean forward to eat. Azrael watches my mouth the whole time, and when I say it's delicious, he smiles, saying, "I like Japanese food too. Can't get enough of it."

  "Oh, wait," says James as he stands up and goes to a drawer and opens it, "I recall seeing forks and spoons in here. Probably put here in case somebody like us needed it."

  James picks out two pairs of a fork and spoon, and comes back over to hand it to me. I think he doesn't think that Azrael needs one, which is true to say that he does have no issue using the chopsticks of his to eat.

  "What is this?" I ask Azrael as I open a pot lid that rests on top of metal arms with a flame inside.

  "I think it's some fish," answers Azrael, "the fire is just to keep it warm, and it's already cooked. It's good."