⚡Thunderstorm⚡

Third POV:

Thunder strikes not to far ahead from the wisteria crest. Even from a mile away you could hear the 'eep!' from a scared blonde haired boy named Zenitsu. He hid under his blanket quietly crying and closing his ears to block most of the sound.

He peeled out of the cover and into the dark sky with clouds stretching as far as the eye can see, lightning can be seen in the far mountains. And even seconds after, thunder zaps the tallest object in the area. It was pouring buckets even hail came raining down. You could hear the loud 'clunk!' Of the hail landing on the roof.

Though most people are afraid of thunder Zenitsu was especially scared because he was once struck with it on a bad day. The loud boom following the bright light was sensitive to his ears so he covered them each time he saw the lightning.

Tanjiro walked in after hearing Zenitsu's squeal, he peeked his head threw Zenitsu's room and asked,

"Is everything okay in here?"

Zenitsu crawled to tanjiro and grabbed the bottom of his pajamas and shivered with terror. He held onto his leg tighter until tanjiro could feel the circulation in his blood stop. So zenitsu let go.

"T-tanjiro i-i'm s-scared."

Tanjiro knelt down and hugged zenitsu, he climbed into the blanket as well and cuddled zenitsu.

"Do you mid if I snuggle you until you feel better?"

"O-okay"

"BOOM...CRACKLE"

"Eep!"

Tanjiro squeezed him tighter

"It's gonna be okay, we're safe in here."

They cuddled until the storm was over and all that was left was the beautiful dark night sky with stars painted all over dotting the sky with delicate touches of light. And the was so bright it was like a gentle warm sun yet dim. The moon was only a crescent reforming it's once full moon.

Tanjiro took a deep breath of the freshly watered earth. It was a pleasant calming smell that filled him with delight and pleasure as he sunk into the futon holding onto zenitsu as he quietly scored peacefully recovering the puffiness in his eyes after crying.

The next morning zenitsu woke up to a warm sun glowing on his face he sat up and looked outside to see a gorgeous rainbow peaking from one mountain to the other.

Zenitsu looked at tanjiro still asleep. He walked over and covered tanjiro back up with the futon covers and opened the door quietly. He creeped out tiptoeing down the hallway to the main room to the kitchen to steal a snack. He found some leftovers dango still in the fridge he brought two sticks; one for tanjiro and one for him.

He went back in but tanjiro was already awake and outside looking at the rainbow.

"Look zenitsu! Look! A rainbow!"

"I know tanjiro! Isn't it pretty?"

"Anyway I brought some dango if you want some"

"Ooo that's sounds good thank you zenitsu!"

"Y-yeah no p-problem"

Zenitsu looked quite flustered as he was eating his dango. Inosuke barged in with our asking and immediately noticed what was going on...

"Hey! You were eating dango without me! Gimme some!"

... To him.

"You can have half of mine inosuke!"

"I want my own gonpachiro!"

"Shh! Be quiet! The old h- lady is still asleep!"

"Well then why are you whisper shouting huh?!"

"Uh just have mine"

They all ate their dango, well accept for zenitsu. Then they carried on with their next mission.

They had to do it in the rain which zenitsu did not like one bit. He whined and cried all the way there jumping at every thunder strike. A demon had appeared and killed half of the village.

Some of them were still alive but were suffering from terrible injuries for example, internal bleeding, broken bones and concussions.

Zenitsu was afraid to approach the demon, so he waited for tanjiro to give a sign, instead tanjiro just charged right at him. Was he even thinking?

Zenitsu followed him to the demon attacking with his strongest (and only) move, thunder breathing, thunder clap and flash sixfold.

He attacked without a thought in his mind not a doubt or fear to be seen, this was new to him. He always worried about his own life, but maybe tanjiro was the reason he was acting this way, how confident and strong he felt.

Just like that the demon teleported behind tanjiro and grabbed him, clawing into his arms so he wouldn't escape his grip.

Zenitsu worried, he held still, frozen in a moment if terror. At that moment zenitsu felt like quitting, tanjiro spoke,

"Zenitsu! Save the others! Don't worry about me! I can manage on my own!"

He didn't listen to tanjiro instead he chopped the demon arms off freeing tanjiro from his grasp. Zenitsu took tanjiro with him to find inosuke and defeat this demon together while nezuko took care of the humans with inosuke, zenitsu and tanjiro were fighting the demon.

He was strong but not strong enough on his own. So after and hour of fighting they finally managed to cut off his head leaving him to ash.

Distant dark clouds soon made their way here as they were laying on the ground resting their to red bodies. Rain started to pour. But zenitsu didn't even flinch when the sound of thunder crackled in the mountains. He scooted closer to tanjiro and laid with him until the sun rose and the Kakashi gathered all the hurt people and brought them back to the crest.

There they would rest and eat tempura and probably snuggle while it rained again. They would do that everytime even the slightest of showers or sprinkles happened, it's obviously an excuse for cuddling but they respond with.

"Zenitsu is just scared so I'm snuggling him to make him feel better."

Although zenitsu isn't scared of thunder anymore.

Probably because of tanjiro.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for 1k reads!!!! It means so much to me you don't even know it! I'm sorry I haven't visited wattpad in a while but that's because I have the summer booked to do all sorts of fun vacations and activities to do so I'm trying to get some inspiration while I spend time doing or going to those activities, that's why I would like to point out I am open to any requests! Just message them in the conversation or the latest chapter. Thank you guys! Have a Great Day! 💛💛💛stay safe as well💛

Word Count: 1100