🗡️I Need You👑

Victorian Era

Tanjiro POV

"Guards! Stand in line!" The commander shouted, fidgeting with his badges.

Everyone stood in a perfect line, rows of soldiers stood saluting. 

"Today the Prince will be deciding which one of you will be his personal guard. You will risk your pathetic lives for our prince, no matter what!" He shouted, his hands flat against his sides and his posture straight as a pencil.

"Yes sir!" We all shouted.

Fanfares played as a red carpet rolled on the pebbled path. A gorgeous carriage with beautiful white and brown horses strolled in front of us. A young boy, about the same age as me, stepped out gracefully. He wore a beautifully decorated suit, complimenting his bright yellow hair. 

"Make way, for prince Zenitsu of the Agatsuma Dynasty!" A man said reading, of a long white scroll.

We locked eyes. His were such a lovely shade of golden brown. I can feel my face burn up, it's probably this armor in the middle of summer. I watched him walk towards me, making the soldiers clear a path for him. He stopped in front of me and smiled. 

"Tanjiro Kamado, son of the prestigious family up North, yes?" He asked.

"Y-yes Prince! I work in the soldier department for this kingdom. I will protect it with my life!" I declared, a little embarrassed at what I had just said. I could feel sweat dripping down my face, I was very nervous.

"Perfect. I will have one strong personal guard of the Kamado dynasty, and perhaps the duchess Nezuko, as my Queen." He smiled, putting his finger to his chin.

"Prince! Is Kamado your choice?" The commander asked.

"Yes, here is my payment. Thank you for this opportunity." He handed the commander a bag filled with gold and riches. The commander almost had his eyes pop out of his head from surprise.

"W-well then, Kamado, escort Prince Zenitsu back to his carriage!"

"Yes sir!" I marched beside him, not excessively like in stories but a more exaggerated walk.

We got to the carriage, and I took of my helmet when he practically melted into the seat.

"Ughhhhh! I'm so sorry you had to see me like that. Those big men are really scary!" he slumped down in his seat, crinkling his fancy clothes. 

"Prince? Are you alright?" I asked, incredibly confused with this interaction.

"Can we pretend you didn't see me back there?" He sat back up and fixed his bangs.

"U-um, Okay?" I agreed, tilting my head a little to the right.

"Thank you. Off topic but, I need your help." The prince began, looking at me with his perfect brown eyes.

"Yes Prince?" I said sitting up straight, focused on his words.

"My plan is to marry your eldest sister, Nezuko." My heart sank a bit, probably because of Nezuko growing up too fast, but then rose back up again for the future of Nezuko and how happy she will be. 

"We will be the rulers after we get married, you will be my personal bodyguard. This is only if everything goes according to plan, there are many other women on my list and your sister will have a lot of princes and dukes lined at her door as well. I need you to put in a good word so we can get married." He explained, getting up from his seat.

"Oh, Okay, but Prince?" I looked at him as he got closer. 

"Yes?" He reached up above my head and opened a cabinet.