* 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝑒𝓇 3 *

I stood in the kitchen with a tired expression on my face as I stirred coffeemate into my coffee

I don't seem to be getting much sleep lately, not for any reason in particular, I just sleep late and wake up early.

My eyes quickly shot up to the door where my dad had walked in with two grocery bags in his hands.

"Hey hun!" He exclaimed with the smile I adored "I got groceries... and bread"

"Thanks pa" I said with a smile as I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around him once I was close enough.

"Alright you gotta help me with these" He chuckled, handing me the bags "They're too heavy for your old man"

"You walked all the way back with these?" I asked as I placed them on the counter

"Yeah" He replied while scratching the back of his neck "Look what I got you"

I pulled the bag handles wide open and a colorful red box came into view, I immediately knew what it was. "YOU GOT ME FRUIT LOOPS?" I exclaimed before engulfing him in another hug.

I know to you it might not seem like much but to me it did. It's no secret me and my dad weren't rich. After my mom left, my dad started drinking a lot, one thing led to another and bam, next thing we knew he became an unemployed alcoholic who sold his house and moved us into a smaller one. It stayed that way for my first 5 years of life. It was hard watching my dad go through all that but he's a lot better now, he works at a junk yard which pays very little but we're pulling through. Ray talked to his boss and managed to get me a job at motorz a couple months ago which helped a lot. I'm actually really proud of how far my dad has come. He on the other hand blames himself for everything that went wrong in our life.

I felt guilt wash over me once I realized that the reason he had to go and waste his money was because I was acting like an ungrateful brat and made him feel bad. I really do hate myself sometimes- or most of the time.

"I love you" I told him as I released my grip on him

He placed a kiss on my forehead and mumbled a "I love you more"

After helping my dad put away the groceries, we made pancakes and ate together then he had to go to work. I was currently in my room looking for a clean shirt to wear, a task easier said than done. For me at least.

I gagged as I took a whiff of one of the shirts I had picked up from the ground, it smelled of sweat and weed, not a very pretty combo.

I seriously need to do my laundry

As I was rummaging through all the clothes on the ground, I glanced at myself in the mirror and realized that the shirt I was currently wearing was pretty clean. Shrugging, I pushed off my pijama shorts and pulled my denim shorts off my shoulder before throwing them on.