ch 11

you dropped your things in the doorway as you hurriedly, almost, flew yourself to the bedroom. you used your quirk to shut all the doors and windows of your home.

if that villain was still there, you needed to make sure to take him down here even if it wrecks your home. but you had to check on bakugo first.

you slammed the bedroom door open, "katsuki!"

startled, bakugo jolted awake, his eyes wide open in panic. when he saw you at the door, his eyes changes expression from confusion to irritation.

"what the fuck, y/n?!" he yelled, clearly annoyed at the way you woke him up, "are you trying to give me a fucking heart attack?!"

but instead of yelling back at him, you strangled him with a hug, both of you falling right back to bed.

"fuck you're okay.." you breathed against his neck, still catching your breath from all the running, "you're okay.."

"i am okay! but i think my heart just fell right out of my fucking ass!"

you sniffed and didn't reply, making bakugo uncomfortable.

bakugo stared at the ceiling confused, "what are you- wait a damn minute!"

bakugo held you by the waist and pushed you softly off of him. he sat you up and stared at your flustered face.

"what the fuck happened? are you okay?" he asked, his eyes exploring your body for any wounds or bruises.

you nodded, "i'm fine." your voice cracked.

"eh? then tell me why you were rushing in like you were being chased by a fucking horde?" bakugo glanced at the door, "you almost broke the damn door in half!" he gasp in disbelief.

but you weren't listening. you were just staring at bakugo, checking his body if there was anything different. if the villain did anything to him while he was asleep.

bakugo sighed, cupping your face with both of his hands so he could see your face clearly, "y/n look at me.."

you couldn't hear him. you mind was in a haze, you were anxious. what if he touched him? what if he hurt him? what if he's still here?

"look at me!" bakugo said sternly.

"huh? what?" you stared back at him, your hands gripping his arms softly, as if you were afraid to hurt him with your touch.

"babe, what's wrong?" he asked in his softest voice. you didn't even realized you were crying until he wiped a lone tear that rolled down your cheek.

you didn't answer, instead, you pushed yourself off of him and checked every corner of your shared bedroom. you did the same downstairs.

half-naked bakugo was just following you from behind, confused. he kept asking you what was wrong but it was as if you were deaf. you didn't answer any of his question.

"y/n seriously, can you sit your ass down and tell me what the fuck is wrong?"

he pulled you and forcefully sat you down on the couch. your eyes were wide and filled with tears ready to pour down any seconds. you weren't sobbing though, just staring around anxiously.

"baby you're scaring me.." bakugo pulled you into a hug and then you broke down in his arms.

you were scared and you were holding it in for god knows how long.

bakugo held you like you were the most vulnerable thing in the world. he let you pour your heart out and when you calmed down, he tapped you on your back lightly.

"i-i'm sorry, katsuki. d-did i scare you?" you started.

"a little. what happened?" he caressed your cheek, fixing your hair along the way.

now you didn't know what to tell him. if you tell bakugo about the villain, it'll make things more complicated, more dangerous.

you didn't like lying to bakugo, but for his safety, you needed to.

"i was just scared." that wasn't a lie, and he knew that.

"because?"

"i-i heard about a b-burglar around our street while i was on my way h-home.. i thought.. s-so i rushed 'cause i thought y-you.."

"babe, i faced the league of villains when i was just in high school, fought tons of murderers and killers, and can blew up a whole ass building in seconds. do you think a fucking burglar can hurt me?" he ruffled your hair playfully, lightening up the mood.

you held your head low, feeling stupid at the moment, "sorry.." you muttered.

bakugo sighed, "i should be upset 'cause you think i'm that weak. but i'll let this one pass because your nose is as red as a damn tomato, it's cute."

you pouted and hid your face in his bare chest. you heard him snickering as he held you closer to him.

"sorry i made you worry, katsuki. i was just scared out of my wits."

bakugo scoffed, "obviously."

you snaked your arms around his neck and kissed his cheek, "let's get you back to sleep, yea?"

"we'll both head to sleep, come on." bakugo carried you in his arms.

you shake your head, "no, i'll watch you sleep."

"that's creepy."

"i need some peace of mind, okay? plus, i don't think i'll be able to sleep after everything."

"shut up. both of us will sleep, that's final."

"..fine."

bakugo glanced around the living room and something caught his eye, "i thought i brought my phone in bed.."

you picked it up using your quirk and stared at it more violently than it should be. you held it your hand. your anxiety hitting you once more.

"now don't go breaking my phone." bakugo warned, noticing the way you stare, "i might have forgotten it because i was too tired. come on."

if only he knew why.