⁵pasta recreates links

september, fifth.

IN CHARGE OF BUYING GROCERIES, trent and tosca were wandering around in a small grocery store in the center of liverpool without saying a word to each other, their argument from earlier still in their mind. it was pretty stupid, but pretty short too. trent didn't go on the road that tosca had told him, turned out he was wrong, didn't admit it, pissed her off and now they didn't talk to each other.

they were earlier at alex's place with some other of his teammates just as robbo, joe, joel, virgil, and more, wondering what to eat since alex didn't have anything in his fridge. without any surprise, it was trent and tosca who had been chosen to find something at some store. the guys thought that it was a good idea to get them together to go shopping, because as robbo said: "buying pasta recreates links".

so here they were, in front of the italian department, wondering what to get, and for the first time in two hours tosca was forced to talk to him, "penne?" he turned negatively his head. "fusilli?"

"nah."

she sighed before putting some hair behind her ears. trent, stayed unperturbed, simply observing the large multitude of choices that were offered to him. led lights lit up his concentrated face, and he seemed upset, which was ironic since he was the one who had started the argument, and that annoyed tosca, so much.

"buy your pasta and stop acting like the one who should be mad here," she said before leaving him alone.

she did a quick tour of the store before starting to look at the makeup. she also had her faults in the argument but the fact that he didn't want to talk about it irritated her to the core. while she was looking at some foundation, trent arrived with pasta in his hands before he said to her, "why do you even put foundation? you're ugly with or without anyway." false, he didn't like it when she put foundation on because it covered her freckles which what he liked most about her.

"it's to cover your bruises once i'll beat you up," she said while rolling her eyes. the footballer let out a little laugh—it was hard to resist tosca and her dark humour.

"i took spaghetti, i know it's your favorites."

despite herself, a smile broke out on her face when she saw the way he was trying to redeem himself. they also took cheese and sauce to go with the pasta before they went to buy everything at the checkout. it was then tosca who drove them both back to alex's house. trent sometimes let her take his car, she was a good driver, even if he'll never admit it.

when they arrived, robbo was on the doorstep, waiting for them — but especially for the food, "the lovers are finally there!"

as soon as he spoke, several heads appeared in the doorway with big smiles while trent and tosca gave the footballer the finger before giving each other black looks when they realised that they did it at the same time.

"told you! LOVERS!" robbo yelled to annoy them and trent and tosca sighed again in perfect synchronization.

"oh my God can you stop doing the same as me?! she exclaimed, feeling her body tensing up.

"you're the one who's doing the same as me!"

"sorry?! you—"

"come on kids, no dispute right now, we're starving," cut off virgil to try to calm the two.

"i'm not cooking," declared tosca before sticking the pasta in trent's arm and entering the house.

"hey! me neither!" he exclaimed before he followed her.

trent's teammates watched the young adults fight while laughing, it was always entertaining to have them in the same room since they always found something to argue about.

it is finally alex who is devoted to cooking for the whole group. they all sat at the table in a cheerful atmosphere eating their pasta. tosca and trent had made sure to sit on the opposite side of the table from each other, but since they were face to face they didn't know if this was a better idea. they gave each other mean looks during the whole meal, just to let each other know that they were still mad.

robbo watched them with a little smile, "i'm sad my pasta technique didn't work," he told the young adults.

"it did until he decided to bother me again," answered tosca.

"i'm the one who bothered you?! you literally—"

"here we go again," whispered virgil to alex while sighing.

some minutes later, when tosca and trent were done with their argument — once again—, everybody finished their pasta before they started a fifa tournament. after she beat robbo, she had to play against the one and only one, trent alexander-arnold.

she sat beside him, "if i win, you have to apologise to me," she told him in a way that was supposed to seem threatening.

"never," he shook his head.

"then don't lose."

"i won't."

the game was tight but in the end, it was trent who won, much to tosca's dismay. he watched her with a satisfied smile as the referee blew the final whistle before she flipped him the finger and started pouting. he let out a small laugh at her expression before he wrapped both of his arms around the young woman to annoy her even more. she grumbled and tried to break free of his grip without much success. robbo — their biggest fan — watched them in awe, "y'all are the cutest," he said with excitement.

"shut up," she pointed her finger menacingly at him as trent quickly pulled away from the young woman. "any way we have to go, i have homework," she then told trent.

he sighed while he leaned his head back on the headrest, "since when do we have to go this early?"

"you literally agreed earlier, that's why we went with only one car."

"yeah but i forgot. can't you just make them later?"

"no trent, i can't," she said curtly, starting to get annoyed at him again.

"okay, okay, let's go," he raised both hands to the sky to attest to the fact that he didn't want any trouble.

they made their goodbye to everyone before trent took tosca home. they didn't say a word during the whole ride, still mad at the other — or pretending to be. it probably wouldn't last long, but for now, it did.