²⁹the big night

january, twenty-second.

IT WAS THE BIG NIGHT and tosca was terrified. she felt like trent was leading them straight to their deaths by driving that car to his parents' house. but it was too late anyway. now that she was there, there was no turning back. when trent had told her about dinner with his parents, she was pretty happy, but when she had learned that his whole family would actually be there, she had almost fainted. once the car was parked in the driveway, tosca turned her gaze to trent, nervous. he sent her a small, comforting smile, promising her that everything would be fine, before getting out of the car and going around to open tosca's door, who still hadn't moved.

"come on," he held out his hand to invite her out.

"i'm going to die, you know that right?" she said before taking it and putting her feet on the ground.

he laughed slightly at her dramatic attitude. face to face, tosca looked into the footballer's eyes who smiled at her for a few seconds before he started walking, inviting her to do the same by pulling her hand away.

"how am i supposed to act trent?" she asked uneasily as they walked side by side.

he watched her bite her nails with a tender smile. this annoying habit she had whenever something stressed her a little too much made him laugh.

"just be the bitch you are and they'll love you, don't worry."

"shut up," she said as she pushed his shoulder, letting out a small laugh as trent put an arm around her shoulders, laughing too.

her arms now crossed against her chest as a way to keep warm made the man laugh whilst he looked at her with a small mocking smile. he finally hugged her to his body a little tighter and as she raised an eyebrow at him, she told him bluntly, "stop that, they're going to think we're together."

he chuckled at her words, shaking his head as he rang the doorbell, "be exactly like that," he whispered in her ear.

"i'll try," she grumbled low, just waiting for someone to open that door.

when the handle finally came down, tosca felt her pulse soar, but when she saw trent's mother appear with a big, warm smile, she relaxed a little. the woman hugged her son first before she turned to the italian girl and exclaimed enthusiastically, taking her in her arms, "i'm so glad you're here!"

"thank you me too!" tosca replied with a small smile as trent rolled his eyes at his mother's exaggeration.

"okay, mom you're going to choke her now."

his mother pulled away from tosca before glaring at him, "how are you talking to your mother?" she tapped his shoulder with a frown, which made the young woman laugh.

they eventually moved into the living room and as they did so, the noise became louder and the conversations more distinct. there were already many people present and tosca asked trent:

"are we the last ones?"

"no, my aunt jane and uncle jack are always late, don't worry."

she giggled at his words before nodding.

"well, then... we'll introduce you, i guess."

"alright," she took a deep breath to give herself courage and trent began to introduce her to the people in his family.

not knowing three-quarters of the people here, she stuck with trent, her only real reference. there was enough time for her to meet everyone: aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and even trent's grandparents who were thrilled to know that their grandson finally had a girlfriend. however, being already familiar with the arnold brothers, she didn't have to introduce herself to them.