²sleepless nights

august, twenty-third.

BOTH SLIGHTLY DRUNK IN THE KITCHEN, trent, and tosca were having a few drinks while everybody went home. they were both aware of the outcome of the night after so much alcohol drank, and to be honest, they kind of came here for this reason. those nights when they weren't just sleeping often happened between the two.

trent's teammates, when they saw the two young adults slip away together, quickly understood why. they had known tosca for months now and had rapidly assimilated the nature of their relationship. it wasn't really hard, you just had to look at them to understand. anyone seeing them in that kitchen right now would have to guessed what was going on between the two.

looks were sometimes obvious.

and the one that trent was throwing at tosca's lips didn't let any doubt persist. he had been wanting them for some time now and had finally decided to give in to his desires as his lips crashed on the young woman's ones. she let herself go against them, why to resist anyway? she wanted it too. the tension in the air intensified even more between them and without any surprise, they rapidly ended up in a room upstairs. their clothes quickly met the ground and it was now only their naked bodies against each other in a synchronised silence. some moans and grunts sometimes broke it, a consequence of a burning desire towards the other.

once their lovemaking was over, they laid down side by side, their chests heaving regularly from their beating heart and the efforts they had just made. most of the time, they didn't talk after sex, preferring to remain in a comforting silence and they didn't have much to say to each other, and there wasn't much to say either.

after some time in silence, trent turned to her, "we need to clean," he told her while yawning.

"why we? it's your house," she asked with an eyebrow raised.

"you spend more time here than i do, the last thing you can do is at least help."

"okay," she sighed and got up from the bed to go to the living room.

when she saw the extent of the damage, she almost wanted to shoot herself. everything was already blurry because of the alcohol she had drunk earlier, but if in addition, she had to tidy up all this, she would surely not come out alive. trent surely thought the same when a little "fuck" came out of his mouth as he entered the living room. they sighed in unison before getting to work, without really having a choice.

when tosca threw away the last garbage bag, they both collapsed on the sofa with relief. they stayed there for a few minutes without saying anything, observing the work they had just done. empty bottles, plastic cups, napkins, leftover food, everything had ended up in the trash and in less than an hour, trent's house had ended up looking like something again.

"are you going back to italy?" he asked her, finally breaking the silence that had been imposed.

tosca being italian, sometimes went back home for vacation.

"hum no, i have school soon."

"oh yeah, i forgot, ma'am, is still in school."

"yeah, i'm twenty trent, what did you expect?" she said, quite irritated.

alcohol always had two effects on her, either she laughed at everything, or she got irritated for nothing, and there wasn't any in-between.

"i was just kidding, relax," he rolled his eyes.

the truth is that tosca was scared to start school again. it was her third year in psychology and she wasn't sure at all anymore about her studies which was really stressing her out. when she arrived in liverpool three years ago, she fell in love instantly with the city and its atmosphere. she loved the people, the football passion, the club, the stadium, the streets, the houses, she loved everything. she missed her home sometimes but since liverpool felt like a second one, she coped well with being far away from her family.

"you'll be alright," he sighed.

the young woman always said that at every start of the school year but always ended up being the best in her class.

"mh," she shrugged.

without saying a word to each other, they both got up to finally go to bed, it was almost five o'clock and the two adults were exhausted. while trent slipped under the duvet, tosca was in the bathroom, surely removing make-up.

"i have a game in two days, are you coming?" he raised his voice so that she could hear him from where she was.

"yeah, sure."

tosca had always loved football but especially sport in general, so she was always ready to go and support liverpool at one of their games — particularly when it was free. she had a fairly large jersey collection, mostly composed of those of trent. it wasn't really hers but she constantly stole from him — she knew that deep down he liked to see her with his jersey on her back.

the beginning of the season started well for liverpool since they were actually leading the premier league table, but it would be a tough game against chelsea. he was excited to play it but was also super nervous about it. in addition, it was a home game, so they had to live up to the fan's expectations. he was trying to sleep but couldn't, he only thought about the game and continued to move and move in bed, which annoyed tosca a lot who asked him to stop.

the dogs a few minutes later who came to scratch at the door didn't help in his quest for sleep. he let them do for a few minutes but when he understood that they didn't plan on giving up, he ended up letting them in and sleeping with them. this situation often happened and it didn't bother so much tosca, except when one of the dogs began to lick his head.

"ew!" she exclaimed before pushing the dog away.

trent laughed at her face of disgust as she gave him a black look. dogs took up a lot of space on the bed despite its large size. both couldn't move even one finger.

"good thing is that you can't move anymore," she whispered with a laugh.

he also let out a little laugh before a silence enveloped the room again. with two huge masses on the bed and full thought, trent still managed to fall asleep, not without difficulty.