⁹nonsense

september, twenty-sixth.

AS SHE HAD WISHED, trent did get injured, and as he had wished, tosca did fail her exam. it seemed like they were lucky charms for each other.

"why? i thought it was good."

"great work but felt too personal, you need to learn to put aside your experience miss azzurri. 65 out of a 100," she read before she sighed and sat next to trent on the couch.

"that's not terrible though?"

"no, but compared to my other tests, yes."

he only nodded, lost in his thoughts since he got injured.

"how long?" she designated his tigh where his adductor was hurting.

"uh...two-three weeks, we'll see."

she nodded in turn before she turned her head to look at him as he did the same thing. the young adults both had dark circles and tired faces. they felt sorry for having wished bad things for the other but couldn't step back now anyway. they weren't going to apologise, so they just sadly smiled at each other, both reflecting on how bad the week had been. tosca had — what she considered a bad mark, hated her teachers, and had made no friends in her class. trent got injured, and will probably miss the game against manchester city and the one in the champion's league. so, killing themselves was an option at the moment.

"also, my parents and brothers are coming soon."

"i better go then," she said as she was getting up from the couch.

"stay, for now, they're only here in half an hour."

"okay," she resat next to him and silence settled between the two before she talked again, "how are they?"

she had met trent's parents several times, in fact, she had met pretty much his whole family since she sometimes went to his games — it was quite inevitable. thank god they didn't know about her relationship with her son, they would never approve of it and would have, as trent had said to her: "killed him with their own hands," which could be understandable under a certain point view. so every time she saw them, she would just pretend to be a friend of him and the team, and they believed her. it was easier like that.

"good," he simply answered.

"and marcel?"

"why do you always ask about him?" he demanded with his eyebrows frowned.

"he's nice."

"he's dumb," denied trent.

"yeah, but he's dumb-nice."

"true i guess," he shrugged.

there was a moment's pause where they proceed with what they had just said before they both began to laugh.

"he is dumb, though," said again trent once they had finished laughing.

"hey it's your brother, you should defend him."

he glanced at her with a little grin on his face, "he literally thought, until like one week ago that the spice girls were a fictional group that didn't exist in reality but only in the film they made about them."

she pinched her lips, trying to contain her laughter, "at least he's nice," she added again and her words made them go back into an uncontrollable laughter a few seconds later.

"yeah, he is," finally murmured trent as he got back at being absent-minded in his thoughts.

as she said earlier, marcel was a nice guy who was still a bit young in his head and sometimes thought too much with his dick, but he was a fun person to be around most of the time. he tried to hit on tosca a few times, which made her laugh a lot. marcel was the only one who didn't realise the two. it had made trent laugh a little less and he had to tell him to stop, given the "relationship" he already had with tosca. when marcel heard the news, he went white for a moment before he apologised to the young woman — although he hadn't done anything horrible either.

"tell him i said hi," she said to trent as she finally got up ten minutes later. she preferred to return a little earlier, wanting to avoid meeting his parents in his living room. the explanations would be harder to provide.

"i will."

"i'll call you back, bye," she said before closing the door behind her and rushing into her car.

his parents and brothers arrived a quarter of an hour later with a smile on their lips, hoping to cheer up their son and brother. they had spent a good afternoon together until marcel found himself alone in the kitchen with trent and decided to say senseless things once again, "i wonder how dad and mom didn't get yet that you were with her."

trent furrowed his eyebrows, wondering what bullshit was still going on in his brother's mind, "first of all, i'm not with her, and second of all, what do you mean?"

marcel gave him a look that meant everything before he spoke, a little corner smile on his lips, "it's clear that you don't live alone here, i know you can't decorate a house like that, there's only her to do that."

trent looked at him confused, tosca was there a lot, true, but she didn't live here. it was different. his brother laughed at his face, "stop acting like you don't know what i'm talking about," he added.

"i just let her do the decoration, that's it."

"yeah, but you also let her sleep here."

"well, obviously," trent rolled his eyes.

"i'm just saying you know," he said as he raised his hands in the sky, "ask yourself the right questions."

"i don't need to, thanks," he said expressionlessly.

marcel walked out of the kitchen as trent whispered "nonsense". that was what marcel had just said, nonsense, and it was pretty clear in the footballer's mind. he already had the answers to the 'right questions' so nonsense, that was pure nonsense.