⁶days like this

september, thirteenth.

TOSCA HATED DAYS LIKE THIS. exhausted she walked out of her last class of the day, already mad about the mark that she received on her test and when she saw that it was raining heavily, her mood got even worse. the school had been back for almost a month now and it was horrible, she hated her teachers and hadn't made any friends. she sighed when she realised that she had to take the bus considering she walked to school today. her only way out was to hope that trent would pick her up but since the other day at alex's place, they didn't talk that much.

she still decided to call him to find out, "hey, can you pick me up, please? it's raining."

"already here."

"behind the school?"

since he was famous here, he didn't want pictures of him and tosca to be taken, and neither did the young woman so he always parked far enough away to make sure that no one noticed him.

"yes, as always."

she hanged up before quickly making her way to trent's car and once she was seated next to him she sighed with relief, "thanks."

he only nodded his head, "are you coming to mine?"

"yeah but i'm tired," she responded with a menacing look towards him.

he raised his hands in the air before letting out a small laugh, "got it, we'll do nothing."

she smiled a bit but was so tired that even raising her lips was too much to do.

"bad day?" he asked when he glanced at her tired face.

"we can say that yeah."

he didn't say anything back. the young adults never talked about sentimental things or everything that was too related to feelings topics. they were both private people when it came to talking to each other about their emotions. without their dirty jokes, usual conversation, and football, they didn't have a lot to share — or they didn't want to. trent saw tosca as a distraction just as tosca saw trent as a distraction. it always had been pretty clear between the two. they had never seen each other otherwise and maybe it was for the better. it avoided complications and other problems, it was simpler without feelings after all. even though people considered them a couple, they both knew that they weren't that and could never be. they hated more than they loved each other and it was never a great mix in a relationship, so they kept it simple.

once she was slumped on the couch, tosca decided to rest a bit. with confidence, she could now say that university was exhausting. even though she already knew that it was different this year, she didn't expect the level to be that high. it was not only the amount of work but also the stress that accompanied it, which was surely the worst of the two. it was certainly only a rough patch, either way, she had no other choice but to study even more and give the best of herself, even if it was hard. she couldn't afford to disappoint her parents, they paid for her studies here. she could not fail, did not have the right.

when trent saw her sleeping peacefully, he hesitated for a few moments to wake her up but resigned himself. he was an asshole, but not that much. he still took a photo of her with her mouth wide open, it could always be useful, you never knew. he then plopped next to her at a reasonable distance before he turned on the TV with the sound on low, he watched everton-burnley just to keep him busy, having nothing else to do. his free afternoons often looked like this: watching television or exercising a bit sometimes.

two hours passed and she was still asleep, trent decided to wake her up since it was already eleven pm, thinking that she would probably prefer to sleep in a bed rather than on a couch. he whispered to her a small tosca but she didn't move at all so he tried to push her shoulder a bit but the result stayed unchanged. he sighed without knowing what to do. not wanting to wake her up brutally, he called her one last time and she finally groaned as she woke up slowly and rubbed her eyes.

"thought you might want to sleep in a bed."

tosca only nodded with tired eyes before she got up with difficulty and made her way to the bedroom where she crashed on the bed. she fell asleep again almost immediately as trent watched her in disbelief, how could someone fall asleep so quickly? he thought. and as he was wondering for the answer, he realised that she still had makeup and her clothes of the day on. he sighed deeply, she could act like a child who had to be taken care of sometimes.

he hesitated a little longer before recalling her, "tosca?"

"mh?" she answered in a sleepy voice.

"you're still dressed."

"don't care," she whispered.

"come on, get up," he said to her while huffing.

she grumbled by letting go of italian insults before finally getting up and standing in front of him, arms raised towards the sky, surely waiting for him to take off his clothes.

"i ain't your dad."

she pouted but ended up taking off her clothes herself before putting on a large wide shirt as pajamas. she then slipped into bed at the same time as trent with only one objective in mind, sleep. she hoped that the night would calm her anxieties and headaches a little, they were beginning to become too insistent, and it scared her.