chapter twelve

as the sun risen, Tomoe continued to watch the students training while Satoru already left for other duty. instead of heading back and get scold bu Shoko again, she decided to stay a little longer.

she noticed sometimes the students start to bicker as well. the one that had a loudest mouth were Nobara and the talking Panda.

she remembered not knowing how to check up on him earlier because he was a Panda, but he already accustomed to it and helped her with the whole process. she apologized for not knowing what to do.

although, doing all of that, for her, was for naught. even in a glance, she could already see everything. they were all, not only qualified, but could participate into the event into their heart content. none of them suffering heavy injuries and Megumi was able to heal faster from the incident thanks to Shoko.

during the time they train, her eyes barely left Maki. she was indeed very excell in martial arts and the use of weapons. she also noticed weapons coming out of nowhere from Megumi's specialty.

Nobara, a woman that kept her standard high most of the time but thanks to the confidence, she never waver while facing her enemy. she could distinguish what good for her and a selfless act.

Panda, and Toge, possessed a very unique jujutsu.

'aren't they a very good one, hm ?'

she could not contain her amused smile.

Tomoe straightened her body when Nobara came next to her, crying in pain.

"ugh, all of that useless training just to sprain my ankle !" she complaint as she took a seat next to the pink-haired.

"what happened ?" Tomoe asked.

"my ankle got sprained. look, it's turning all red now." Nobara said with an unpleasant look on her face. Tomoe smiled warmly at her way.

"do you want to go see Ieiri-san ?"

"it's fine. Maki-senpai already see to it and it will heal soon enough." Nobara said, still inspecting her ankle which seemed not as bad as she thought. Maki really did reduce the damage.

"how's your leg ?" another voice joined and it was Megumi, sitting next to Nobara.

"it will be fine. the event will be one month away, anyway. there are no room for me to achieve as much as you guys, anyway. i'm not a martial art specialist." Nobara said.

"even so, you need to learn the basic to at least disallow yourself becoming a hostage."

Tomoe kept watching the straight looking Megumi. he had a laid-back look but behind that expression, a strong yet gentle heart that concern over his friends. he knew his boundaries but being a laid-back was not only an expression. he was truly holding back.

Tomoe wore a bored expression.

"Tomoe-san." she turned to look at the teenagers again.

"will Ieiri-san treat such injury ? we were planning to train ourselves hard for this event, yet both of us injured." Megumi said as he closed his eyes.

"enough i am not capable enough to give the fullest, now even Nobara had to stay back for awhile." Tomoe rested her chin on her palm as she lookes at them with a smile.

"why are the both of you looked so down ? getting injured was unavoidable, and i'm pretty sure your seniors doesn't want to see you push yourself either." Megumi and Nobara shared a glance before they looked away with a hard look.

"we want to get stronger." Tomoe eyes widened.

"our old teammate would choose to do the same if he's here." Nobara added after Megumi, both of them looked as their normally do even when talking about their passing friend.

although Tomoe knew the person still alive, but they did not. however, even as a teenager, they received death quite well.

"i'm not the one to talk, but i believe you can grow stronger from here." Tomoe smiled, her hand went to touch Nobara's knee.

"isn't jujutsu borne from human's pitiful feelings ?" her fingers glide softly across Nobara's defined leg and to her throbbing, red ankle, making the teenager looked closely at her action from the corner of her eyes.

"then, the only way for you to be stronger than anyone.."

Tomoe twisted Nobara's ankle, making the teenager yelped in shock.

"is to discard Itadori Yuuji."

both Megumi and Nobara's eyes widened at the words.

discard Itadori Yuuji ? was she telling them to forget Yuuji once and for all ?

they looked into Tomoe's eyes, seemingly flashing a meaningful smile.

that smile told them there were another meaning behind her words.

"or i think you should." Tomoe stood up from her seat, and Nobara looked at her sprained ankle to see it already fixed. her eyes widened. Megumi also noticed what happened and looked at Tomoe with the look of curiosity.

Tomoe closed one eyes as she cheekily smile.

"i don't have cursed energy, after all." Tomoe exclaimed with a childish attitude, ready to leave the training ground with the clipped papers.

"Tomoe-san-!" Megumi stood up and caught to Tomoe as she leaving, making the female turned around as her name being called.

Megumi could not find any word to say as he saw her smile.

Tomoe grabbed his shoulder gently with her slender fingers, her other hand brought a forefinger over her smile.

"keep it a secret in between us, okay ?"

Megumi ponders over what happened earlier while watching Tomoe leaving training ground in her white coat.