chapter twenty nine

"we'll in charge of her then." Shoko said as she and the doctor and nurses reached the ambulance.

"yes, her recovery is much more ensured in hand of cursed user. i trust you." Shoko nodded at him with a little smile.

"you seemed familiar with cursed energy ?" the doctor shook his head.

"i don't have them, but i know a friend who does and help people the same way in the past." he said, and Shoko nodded affirmatively before she herself entered the ambulance and closed the door.

she sighed and looked over at Tomoe who showed no sign of waking up anytime soon.

it was such a distressful situation she was put on. over and over again, she thought of what happened once Tomoe woke up.

she was suspicious of her, but Tomoe did not deserve any of it.

what could be a good decision, really ?

---

the doctor arrived at his office when a panic looking nurse approached him.

"the result is out." she said, and he casted her a weird glance before he looked down at the CT scan. his eyes widened.

"you... go back to your desk." the doctor said, and the nurse nodded immediately before walking away hastily.

that was her first job doing a CT scan as an intern nurse, what a terrifying scan that she could only come up with one hypothesis.

the doctor quickly clipped it over a light after closing the blinders in his office, and his breath stuck.

in a glance, he could interpret that almost all of Tomoe's internal organs shattered as if she was pressed under heavy pressure. there was no way a hit-and run accident can cause this much internal injuries.

there was no way Tomoe could breath with her lungs out of place like that.

he took a step back.

"i heard you familiar with curses, doctor ?"

his breath stuck, sensing a presence behind him too strong for him to turn.

it was a female voice, and he was afraid of his own mind for thinking what he was thinking right now.

he slowly turned around, and eyes widened as if he saw a ghost.

the woman he watched being transport into the ambulance unconscious earlier, standing with a smile behind him with eyes the colour of blood.

"hmm, i don't know how to read this scan, but i assume everything inside is not functioning ?" she walked forward to the scan as she speak, and looked over the doctor with a smile. he gulped.

"what to do.. someone will find out later, and things will be bad.." she said, scratching the back of her head.

"how are you going to save your family ?" the doctor gasped at mentioned of his family, and she smiled meaningfully before she turned around.

"well, doctor, unless you don't show it to them, i'm afraid your family will pay the price."

her pink hair glided as she walked away, leaving a doctor restless and in fear of the next right thing he was forced to decide.

---

sneaking away from his friends like usual, Megumi entered the room where Tomoe was warded after transfered to the school.

he was adamant as well as the others about Tomoe, but he remembered the talk he had with her in the office that one day. plus, he had to see for himself if what Shoko, Satoru and Yuji getting worked up with actually true.

he was the only person Tomoe shared of her little cursed energy exist within her. maybe if he take a look once, he could catch something to be prepared in the future.

he stepped pass the curtain, and once his eyes landed on her, he felt like his heart tear up with guilts.

the condition she was in felt like a sin for him to accuse her having evil intention.

however, he had seen for himself what Tomoe capable of. she was like a different person.

"she had lay on the bed for two weeks now." Megumi eyes perked up to the window where it was closed earlier, now opened with Satoru sat on it.

"too long.. to the point i had to do something.." the dark haired tried to process the last sentence he said, until he was reminded of the news he watched on screen a few days ago.

a gang infamous of being the scariest around this part was massacred in their hideout, their place was wrecked and the main topic of the news was the gang leader being tortured onto a wooden slate, naked and covered in blood.

he looked at Satoru with a sick look of disbelief.

"if the time come, i might not be able to stop."

"Gojo-sensei, you're the key to win in jujutsu world, you can't give in.." Megumi eyes widened seeing the look of Satoru.

what a vulnerable look he was wearing, was so unlike the annoying teacher that had taught him for years.

"you.. you're not being serious.." Megumi took a step back, before he looked down to Tomoe.

she planned this from the beginning.

"if things truly happens.." Megumi eyes turned to Satoru.

"you, or anyone else, should kill her."

the student and the teacher exchanged stares, deciding the death of a person that was unconscious between them.