chapter thirty three

October 31st arrived, and as planned, Geto and his fellow cursed spirits began their operation by putting curtain around Shibuya Station. many civilians trapped inside which the sorcerers were immediately summoned to secure the situation.

the civilians inside told them that they demand Gojo Satoru into the curtain and urged the sorcerers to call such person to escape the place.

everyone at the school was preparing to go to Shibuya, including the medic to assist anyone that would injure during this operation. the emergency in a scale where even the teachers had to involve.

it was a declaration of war between the sorcerers and the cursed spirits.

Shoko, who never thought there would be a time she had to go to the front line, quickly gathered everything necessary.

then, she stopped what she was doing when she looked up to Tomoe who was just sitting on the chair by the wall, gazing at nowhere in particular.

the seriousness of the look was not someone like Tomoe would wear.

Shoko studied her face, in which she quickly looked away as a certain thought came into her mind.

"... you're not coming for this operation." Shoko finally spoke, hanging the bag of medicine onto her shoulder. Tomoe looked at her from the corner of her eyes.

"you just healed, but not completely. i'm afraid this operation will pressure you and you will be on the hospital bed again." Tomoe laughed at her words.

"don't worry, Ieiri-san. i'm not that stupid to hurt myself the second time."

laughs should fill the tense in the room, but it grew quieter once they both stop talking. Shoko felt like she had trouble breathing, her hand holding tight to her bag.

"Ieiri-san ?" Shoko barely moved when she looked at Tomoe with such fright. the said female just looked at her with a straight look,

before she smiled.

"take care out there."

Shoko felt troubled. she was almost losing it the moment her fear consumed her mind of what possibly could be the truth, but the smile calmed her down.

it was that small little hope she hanging on that saved her from going crazy.

Tomoe walked outside with Shoko to send her off. there, she bumped into the first-years and Gojo who was preparing for the battle as well.

Yuji face lighten seeing Tomoe who smiled from afar with a small wave. she just watched as he approached her, but she did not expect him to hug her.

from over the shoulder, she noticed the look Megumi and Nobara gave to her.

"i've faced death many times, Tomoe-san, but i'm afraid this could be the last time we see each other."

"don't say that, Yuji-kun. you're scaring me." they let go of each other.

"i'll come back in one piece." Yuji promised, and she nodded.

"please."

Tomoe waved at Yuji for the last time who was called to go to Shibuya immediately by his friends. watching him slowly gone, her eyes then finally fell on Satoru who was approaching her.

they stared at each other for a moment, before Tomoe looked down.

"..you still remember, right ?" Tomoe clenched the cardigan on her as he mentioned of what supposed to be remembered by her.

he knew from how she kept the distance and ignored him that outing, that she still remember that time he was being out of control, and the only thing that she forgotten was that nightmare she went through that night.