[ 20 ] stargazing

shipping: gamerboy80 (eighty) x chazm
type: fluff
au: realistic minecraft, bedwars is treated like a sport or game
warnings: none

It's rarepair time! For the three and a half people that care, here you go.

I feel like the style of the dialogue parts and the descriptive parts don't really fit together, but I wanted to write their amazing banter dynamic and Eighty being absolutely smitten (also, sometimes I get those moods where I write like that), so...

If you have an opinion on that I'd really love to hear it, 'cause I'm not sure whether it's as bad as it looks like from the author's perspective.

Appearances are taken from their skins, meaning Eighty has some black and gray clothing, black and white hair, and one red and one yellow eye. Chazm has his yellow-golden suit, blond hair and golden eyes. I like to imagine they have matching dragons on the back of their jackets, although it's not mentioned here. :)

The map they're playing on is Glacier, one of the bedwars maps for solos and doubles. The order of teams and such are correct - as a bedwars player myself it always bugs me if the game isn't represented accurately.

Realistic Minecraft AU stuff if someone cares: Glacier, the map they're playing on here, is a snow biome, but (since Bedwars maps are custom-made worlds that don't have too much effort put into environmental settings and are more optimized for player comfort and pvp) it's a fake one. Meaning, it's not as cold as it should be, snow and ice don't melt, it snows without clouds and fallen snow simply disappears. Usually, daylight and weather cycles are turned off, so it's always noon with a clear sky.

X-x-X-x-X

- eighty's pov -

Eighty stepped from wool down onto snow just as Chazm parried a hit from the last player's wooden sword and pushed them over the edge of the island to inevitably find their end in the void. Together they watched the little aqua blob disappear in the emptiness.

"Why did I even walk over here if you're just gonna win the game by yourself?" Eighty complained lightheartedly, nudging his teammate with his elbow.

Chazm laughed. "Because you don't have faith in me, apparently."

"I certainly have more faith in you than in this server."

"Why's that?"

Eighty pointed at the sky. "No fireworks, no victory sign. It's lagging again."

"Huh." Chazm followed his example of staring into the endless blue sky above Glacier, the sunlight making his blonde hair shine. "You're right."

"Well... What do you wanna do until we get kicked or Hypixel fixes its goddamn lag?"

This wasn't the first time they experienced issues with the server, not by a long shot, and not even the first time it took a few minutes for them to be sent back to the lobby. Eighty didn't have it in him to even be upset, he was more just... slightly annoyed.

"Mmmhhh... I don't know. Let's just get back to our base, I guess," Chaz suggested.

"Alright." Eighty turned around and climbed on the bridge he came from. "Just don't fall off or you'll be stuck in the void until this is fixed."

"I know, I know." Chazm chuckled as he followed behind him. "It's not pleasant, I speak from experience."

Eighty hummed in agreement, he also had fallen for minutes on end before and he really wouldn't recommend it.