[ 21 ] pride

shipping: fruitberries x illumina
type: fluff
au: realistic minecraft with mcc as a sport-like tournament
warnings: none

Written on a whim in the aftermath of the Pride MCC. I didn't watch Aqua's perspective, I don't actually know how they reacted, just... have this.

And don't be fooled, I will go back to inactivity for at least a month now.

X-x-X-x-X

- fruit's pov -

The sound of the door opening wasn't enough to catch Fruit's attention but the thud it fell shut with managed. He looked up from his phone to find Illumina already standing in the entrance to the living room; his hair was messed up, the blue and purple paint that had once been a pride flag on his cheek was smeared over his face, and he had a smile on his face that made Fruit's heart melt. He sat up, put his phone aside, smiled back. "Hi."

Illumina's smile became not smaller, but softer, and he was within touching distance in seconds. Fruit grabbed his hands, still wrapped in protective bandages, and pulled him down on the couch, in his lap, as close as possible, and wrapped his arms around him. He felt Illumina slump against him, heavy and warm and pliant and he held on even tighter. Illumina curled his fingers into the back of Fruit's hoodie and buried his face in his shoulder.

"We won." Illumina's voice was muffled by the fabric and he sounded absolutely exhausted.

"I know," Fruit said, "I'm so proud of you."

And he was, he really was. He had watched the Championships live on TV, had cheered everytime the Aqua Axolotls won a game, winced in sympathy when they lost, and nearly screamed himself hoarse during Dodgebolt. Illumina's face of pure happiness and relief when he celebrated with his teammates, up on the stage, would be forever ingrained in his memory.

"I didn't think we'd make it," Illumina mumbled and shifted back to look at him. Fruit met his eyes, dark and tired and still shining with excitement, and he couldn't do anything less than pull Illumina in by the back of his neck and kiss him. He watched as Illumina's eyes widened a little in surprise before he caught up. Their kiss was soft and short and sweet, and Fruit could've stayed like that forever but he didn't complain when Illumina pulled back just enough to bump their foreheads together. There was a dopey smile on Illumina's face and Fruit was sure he wasn't off much better.

"We were down two points in Dodgebolt," Illumina said. Fruit could feel their lips brush with every other word. "I didn't think-"

"I thought," Fruit interrupted him, fingers gently rubbing circles at the base of Illumina's skull, "I believed in you, the whole time." He stole a quick kiss, no more than a fleeting pressure of lips. "And you did it, you did so well, and I'm so proud."

He thought he saw Illumina's eyes go watery with tears but he had no chance to confirm it because Illumina suddenly pulled him back into a crushing hug, holding onto him like his life depended on it.

"I love you," Illumina said into Fruit's hoodie, voice a little unsteady.

"No, I love you," he answered and felt Illumina squeeze him tighter for just a second before he relaxed.

Illumina took a deep breath and sounded more composed afterward. "Bed? I'm exhausted."

"Yeah." Fruit pulled back, gently pushing Illumina away from him when he wouldn't let go. Illumina gave him a smile, a little crooked, and Fruit smiled back. "That sounds good."

534 words