Chapter 3 ✧

- Kazuha POV -

The weird tall lady left me just how Scara did.

Do the Fatui even have hearts .. even back when we were young, the Fatui never had time for me. they will never change...

~~~~~~~~~

- Scaramouche POV -

I went back to Wansheng Funeral Parlor but only Hu Tao and Zhongli were there. I asked if they knew where Tartaglia went, Zhongli said he went back to Inazuma after getting the secret documents. Knowing what would happen if Tartaglia got back to Inazuma all by himself I immediately ran back to the boat and headed back.

If I don't make it back in time.. they'll think I'm dead.

But then my mind came towards Kazuha. Was he okay? Did someone find him? Or more of all did he run away? At this point I didn't care if the Fatui think I'm dead. Kazuha's safety is all that matters to me now..

I arrive at my house by late afternoon. Everything looked perfectly fine, didn't seem like anyone was here. I went to look for Kazuha in my room, and that's when I saw him lying on the floor with blood coming out from what seemed to be a stab wound.

I rushed towards kazuha and checked if he was still alive. Thank the archons he was. I ran to the bathroom to get the medical kit I thought I would never need. I'm glad I kept it anyway.

I return to Kazuha and set him up against the bed side. I grabbed the bandages from the kit and wrapped it around Kazuha's side putting pressure on it. I wonder who could possibly be the culprit behind this, and why they did it.

Kazuha was still breathing which calmed me down a little. I picked him up and placed him on the bed. I saw down next to him clearing the hair off his face.

I was beginning to get tired, but I can't leave Kazuha unguarded. I was scared he would get hurt again. That's when I heard a knock on the front door. Worried, I pulled the blanket over Kazuha, and went to check who the f**k was outside.

I opened the door and to my surprise .. it was the vision hunters.

"Sir, we have been sent by the majesty to investigate every house. There has been a rumor that a boy who had fleed has returned. Anyone who objects will be executed on the spot," I panicked, they were looking for Kazuha .. whoever set this up was clever, but now it's not safe for Kazuha to be in Inazuma..

"I uh, I'm sorry to inform you but, I don't want you to investigate my house," I had no other option but to object.

"Sir, this is your last warning or we WILL execute you,"

I sigh and slammed the door as quick as I could. I ran to get Kazuha and jumped out the window. Thank goodness my house was only one floor.

I could hear the running group of vision hunters chasing after me. I was becoming tired from carrying Kazuha but if I let myself down, we'll both die.

I was nearing the boat by the river, until I suddenly tripped on a tree root. I couldn't get up anymore, my body was too weak .. I tried to wake up Kazuha to tell him to run, but the only response I got was him breathing with his eyes closed.

The vision hunters were already approaching us .. I didn't know what to do anymore, I didn't have any weapon to fight back with. One of the vision hunters walked up to me and raised his sword at me.

So .. I guess this is how I'll die, protecting the one I love ..
At least it's nothing to be ashamed of ..

Then suddenly, a strong gust of wind knocked back all the vision hunters and were blocked by an energy shield.
It was Kazuha, he woke up as I was about to die.

"So .. I guess the Fatui do have hearts .." Kazuha fell unconscious again, he gave me time to escape, and I wasn't about to waste his sacrifice.

I gathered all the energy I have into picking up Kazuha, I ran as fast as I could. The boat was already visible in the distance. I kept stumbling but I always caught my balance.

I was able to reach the boat and place Kazuha inside, but then I felt a sudden stinging pain at my leg. I looked down at it to see why, it was an arrow. Somehow the vision hunters were able to shoot me still.

The vision hunters were still far from us, but they would eventually catch up. I got in the boat and started the engine. Kazuha was groaning from the pain of all the movement when I ran.

I ripped the arrow out my leg allowing blood to come out. I used the last of the bandages to wrap my leg. Hopefully it'll last long enough.

We were already far off shore when the vision hunters arrived. I can only imagine Kazuha's situation if I had died earlier ..

- Kazuha POV -

I wake up to the unbearable pain in my side. I sat up and saw Scaramouche maneuvering the boat. I look at the wound which appeared to be bandaged, although it was messed up.

I tried to fix it by tearing off some of my clothing. By doing so I caught Scaramouche's unwanted attention.

"Here, let me do it," Scaramouche let the boat sit and I gave him the piece of clothing from my hand. He lifted up my shirt making me a bit red. He looked up at me and put his hand to my forehead.

"You'd don't have a fever, but why are red?" His face was so close I could feel his breath on my cheeks.

"Oh uhm- it's just hot .. you can continue, nothing to worry about," Scaramouche put pressure on the wound causing me to make a slight sound. He looked up at me again, then went back to fixing the bandage.

When he was done, I was still kinda red, and that made Scaramouche a bit worried from the looks on his face.

"Look Scara, I'm fine okay?" He gave me that, "yeah sure" face. I look away for a quick moment, but then he lifted my chin.

He was coming closing to my face and I couldn't help but blush even more. His lips were only centimeters away from mine. Then he kissed me, I unknowingly kissed him back.

I never knew I was this desperate to have Scaramouche's lips on mine..

After a while Scaramouche pulled away.

"I uhm .. let's not get too distracted.. you should get some rest, Liyue is still far from here.." I wanted him all day, but knowing the condition I'm in I listened to what Scaramouche said and looked for the best spot to rest. As I was falling asleep I thought,

.. Scaramouche .. he's different from the rest .. he cares for me.

Word Count: 1176