Chapter 10 ✧

AN: some part might not make sense, but it will around the end of the chapter ✧v✧

AND IM VERY SORRY I WAS INACTIVE-

I've been lazy recently 👁👄👁

"Y-you know that this r-reminds me of??" Tartaglia was staring at the boy.

"Yeah- Snezhnaya..."

"Snezhnaya.. as in.. where the Fatui come from..?" I asked.

"Y-yes comrade. We might as well start moving, or we'll freeze to death..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

《 ~ ✧ Scaramouche POV ✧ ~ 》

It was cold, very cold. It's been a while since I was last in Snezhnaya. The last time I was here was back when I was sent to live in Inazuma.

I never liked it here. No matter how much the others tried to say it was the best, I hated it. Childe however, he was content living here.

His family was here, his home, the place where he was honored as one of the Fatui. I had no family left, no home, and the Fatui they're okay I guess. They don't try to get to close.

They just do the job their assigned and that's it. The Harbingers are the same. We only do what we are assigned to do. Nothing special about it really.

I once though about leaving the Fatui, I couldn't get the courage to. But I had no time to worry about that now. I was worried why Kazuha forgot me.

What has he gone through while we were separated?

Was he ever going to remember me?

What I was mostly concerned about is...

Who would want him to forget..?

We arrived at the gates after a long chilly walk. Childe however, looked perfectly fine. He must've gotten used to the whether here.

Childe knocked on the gates which resulted in a loud thum resounding the whole place. The big gates opened with the creak of hinges moving. Guessing it hasn't been used for the last few months.

"Who are you? And state your business!"

"Calm down now comrade, it's us 11 and 6,"

"Oh! I am very sorry, you may enter," 11 and 6 would just appear as normal numbers to other guards. But to Snezhnayan guards, the numbers 11 and down, are the Fatui Harbingers.

We walked in and the temperature changed almost immediately. I looked at Kazuha to see the shock and relief on his face.

But when he turned to look at me I looked away. It's like I can no longer face him anymore. The guards were all bowing as we walked in.

It was clear the Fatui Harbingers are highly respected and feared. Tartaglia was only the 11th, the last one, and he was deeply feared on the battlefield.