36

Recap:

 In the distance, Izumi and Ururu began their descent down into the training room only to see the comical sight of Ichigo hooting and hollering while running away from Kisuke who was screaming something about a compliment and being embarrassed. Izumi came to stand beside Tessai and Jinta who both gave her looks of surprise. Jinta immediately glued to her side while Ururu came up to her other one; both having done that specific movement a million times. Izumi smiled down at the two children as they held onto her clothes and she rested her hands on their heads before looking back up at the sparring match happening in front of them in the distance.

Right as Izumi focused on her dear uncle and her best friend she was horrified to see Ichigo receiving a slightly major cut spanning from his cheek to his shoulder. A gasp left Izumi's lips as she watched blood spray from her friend's body. That specific cut had her own scar on her own shoulder throb.

"You seem too relaxed, I bet you're thinking. 'He's not a soul reaper, so it shouldn't have any effect on me if it does hit', right? Isn't that what you're thinking?"

Ichigo fell to the ground and stared up at Urahara in both bewilderment as well as terror as the man he knew as Izumi's uncle once again surprised him.

"You really are too innocent." Urahara glanced over at Izumi who looked away. The girl knew Ichigo needed to know exactly who he was dealing with.

"Benihime," Urahara said while allowing his spiritual to run wild. Ichigo sucked in a breath while feeling the sheer force of his strength before he looked over to Izumi who had her eyes closed.

"This one is absolutely a real Zanpakuto."

...

Off in the distance where Izumi and the rest were standing Jinta was surprised when Ururu started pulling Izumi in the direction Tessai had run off in to take cover behind a bolder. He had been clutching tightly to the older girl's side and was taken a little off guard when she began moving. 

"Hurry Jinta!" Tessai hollered out and right as the three joined him behind the rock Ichigo immediately went flying in the opposite direction. Dust and rocks flew around the area crazily and Izumi sneezed as some flew up her nose. She quickly recovered and resumed watching her boy struggle in his training. 

Ichigo quickly repositioned himself to land on his feet before skidding backwards; he barely had any time to focus before Kisuke was back on him again. Ichigo used what little of his sword and hilt he had left to block the older mans blow. The older man was slightly impressed with the boy's antics but didn't allow it to come onto his face. 

"Instead of running away, you used that broken sword to block me? I suppose I should compliment you." he stared into the orange haired boy's eyes before he smirked a little. "You have a lot of courage I'll give you that much."

Ichigo listened to his words whole heartedly but the struggle he was having pushing his best friend's uncle back was starting to be alarming. 

"However, with this broken sword you have, there's no way you can block me." the menacing aura he was putting out suddenly increased tenfold as his own zanpaktou began easily slicing though what little meat Ichigo had left. Panic set in right as Ichigo's instincts allowed him to narrowly avoid the slice however, a chunk of his sword went flying in the opposite direction. Izumi's eyes widened a little at the seriousness her uncle was taking. She watched as Ichigo began to run trying to put some distance between his opponent. But running would do no good, she knew that as well as anyone. 

Ichigo's speed was nothing compared to those in the soul society. Within a few seconds Kisuke flashstepped right in front of the boy catching him off guard.