28

Recap:

"So there is another way!?" Ichigo exclaimed before getting to his feet in a threatening pose. "How!? How can I get there!? Tell me!!" he roared completely forgetting any of his manners or thanks for the man who had just saved his life and was his best friends uncle.

"Of course I'll tell you, however under one condition. Starting now, for ten days you will learn how to fight with me." Kisuke said evenly while holding up one finger to show his one condition.

"So you're telling me to train!? Do you think I have time for that!? You don't know when Rukia's going to be executed! I should try to get there as fast as possible!" he glared thinking he was going to win this fight.

"You are one exasperating person." Kisuke muttered before he had Ichigo on the floor with his cane pointed right at his throat. He held the boy in place while he glared down at him with killing intent. "The point that I want to make is you will die if you go there in your current condition. Do you think you can win if you fight with them now? I purposely let you fight them the previous time, I thought it would be easier for you to realize after you fought them and saw for yourself. With your current skill, you won't stand a chance fighting against the Soul Society! You are weak, a weakling walking into enemy territory is suicide. Stop being so childish, don't use other people as an excuse to go kill yourself." the intensity in Kisuke's eyes and voice was enough to keep Ichigo from even attempting to move; even though he knew it was a cane, he felt as though Urahara was holding a blade to his throat. After a moment of silence Kisuke shoved the boy away from him then stood straight once again.

"The Soul Society usually allows a grace period that lasts a month for the maximum penalty in convicts execution. I will be the same for Miss Rukia. We will just take ten days to annoy you. It will take seven days to open the door to the Soul Society. So after you arrive, you will have thirteen days. You have plenty of time." the older man finished while Ichigo looked towards the window lost in thought.

"In ten days, will I become stronger?" he mumbled thinking once again of the raven haired girl he wanted to save.

"Of course, if you truly desire to save Rukia. A strong will is stronger than steel. If your determination is anything less than whole-hearted, throw it away. For ten days can you be seriously determined to fight?" he questioned with a scheming glint in his eyes.

"If I don't do it, then no one will. I guess I have no choice! Let's give it a try!" he exclaimed while Rukia's image faded. 

....

Kisuke sighed heavily while scratching his head, he was currently walking through the halls of his home with the intent of stopping to see Izumi. The young girl hadn't come too yet, and that alone was quite troubling. He was relieved to have Ichigo out of his home, and hoped that he wouldn't return for awhile. His blatant disrespect for not only himself, but also for his niece really rubbed him the wrong way; Izumi had always fought for the boy, but at the end of the day he through her away like trash. 

It seemed as though the kid wasn't concerned in the least for her health, even though she had just faced people from her home world; she had faced them, and gave up the possibility of returning then, just to keep him alive. The girl was so scarred from his selfishness during the fight, that she had a relapse panic attack; something she hadn't experienced for years. The fact that her 'best friend' didn't even ask about her did more than irritate him; it pissed him off. 

Getting to the end of the hall, he wasn't surprised to see both Jinta and Ururu sitting out on the wooden floors in the hallway. Both of his younger employees were worried over her, and he couldn't put their fears at ease. He didn't entirely know why their Izumi hadn't woken up yet; he hoped that she had just exhausted herself by allowing so much of her power to run rampid but another part of him thought it might be more than that. Not only did she physically tire herself out, but she suffered serious mental strain as well. 

When both of the kids looked up to see him standing there watching him, Ururu jumped to her feet while Jinta merely covered his face; the boy's eyes were swollen. Kisuke gave the girl a smile and lightly rested his hand on top of her head while she looked down towards their feet. 

"Tessai-san just went in to check on her; not much has changed though." she whispered as small tears threatened to spill from her eyes. She was upset that Izumi had been retrieved unconcious, she and Jinta had never seen her look so vulnerable and the sight was enough to make them both choke up. 

"Thank you. I'm sure she'll be fine." he said with a light voice trying to reasure both of them. Though he wasn't sure that he believed his words himself. Walking passed and into the room he slid the door closed behind him and was surprised to see Izumi sitting up in bed with a worried looking giant beside her. Coming closer he held his hands together while coming to stand at the end of her matress; this was her bedroom for when she stayed there. He stood and watched as her eyes seemed to be focused on nothing in particular and her face was directed towards her covered feet. He held in his breath before glancing at Tessai who shook his head and stood allowing for his master to have the wooden chair that was beside her bed. Nodding his head in thanks, Urahara stepped forward and sat while keeping his eyes glued on her face. 

He didn't like that she seemed almost oblivious to their presence. Reaching out to hold her shoulder lightly, Izumi didn't react at all. Her focus never wavered from her feet as Kisuke squeezed a little harder to see if he would get a reaction.

"Zumi? Are you okay?" he asked cautiously while turning her face by her chin to look his way. Her eyes seemed almost vacant as they met his and the sight made his heart throb. He concluded that she was possibly still asleep, or was not entirely focusing; at least that's what he hoped she was doing. 

After her banishment, and the regrettable situations from her arrival, Izumi had fallen into a deep depressive state where she was almost completely dead to the world. She shut off her emotions, her feelings, her mind, and basically had just wandered around like a lost puppet without a puppeteer; he hoped she wasn't returning to that state again. The one to save her from herself back then had been none other than Ichigo Kurosaki, but with the way he had tunnel vision on Rukia, Urahara doubted the boy was in the right mindset to save her this time. 

Kisuke sighed heavily while thinking over the possibilities of what she was facing. He hoped to send her along on the mission into the Soul Society with the boy; he thought it would be the safest route possible since she seemed so devoted to what he wanted, he hoped that she wouldn't get lost in memory lane if Ichigo was there to guide her. But now he wasn't sure what to do. He wasn't sure what he could do. This was Izumi's chance to return, he finally was willing to put her through the back door, but now she was in no shape to even think about leaving her bed. Kisuke's emotions were all over the place while he rubbed his forehead from under his hat. 

"Did the boy survive?" a hoarse voice questioned catching his attention and making him pause while looking down at his lap. Glancing up he was met with the still vacant eyes of Izumi, but now she was staring right at him. Stunned, the man didn't respond fast enough to keep her attention and the girl looked towards the other man in the room. 

"Tessai, did the boy survive?" she asked again only this time there was a slight edge in her voice. Kisuke glanced between the two of them before he spoke up, neither man was prepared to see such a cold, and lifeless expression on her face.

"Yes, he's attending school as we speak. It's actually your last day till break." he said trying to sound like his normal easy-going self, but it was cut short when there was no response from his niece. 

"What of the enemy? Who were they?" she changed the subject after pausing for a moment. Kisuke looked from his niece to his employee; he was lost one what to do exactly, he didn't know whether to sugar coat it, or to tell her outright. "Spit it out, I don't feel like dealing with your pathetic fathering job right now." she said coldly making Kisuke look down sadly. She had reverted back into herself. The state he had hoped she would never revert back to again, has surfaced. All emotions were cut off, and all that remained was a cold, unforgiving persona.