05

I raked my fingers through my hair and sighed heavily. 

Why must everyone make me repeat myself? Humans have ears and a brain for a reason, and that reason is to comprehend what others are saying to them? 

After long minutes of Rukia muttering to herself on how my existence was impossible, she finally decided to swear to everyone that I was lying and playing them for fools. After awhile I just couldn't take her babbling and pacing anymore.

"And why is the fact, that I am his granddaughter 'impossible' ?"
I put air quotes around the word just because I'm in a bitchy mood today. But instead of answering me she merely stared bewildered leaving a nagging feeling in the back of my head. So many thoughts swirled around my mind until one stuck out the most. 

"You've never heard of me have you?" I questioned curiously. 

My heart ached at the thought. But none the less I still put an arrogant smirk on my face hiding my emotions. "I bet my Gramps forbid any knowledge of me to be given to new recruits after all those years ago" At her look of just confusion I already had my answer. And judging from the tense silence of the others in the room I had hit the nail right on the head

The old man really out did himself

The heartache was immediate, my chest felt like it had fallen in on itself. Every breath burned like hell fire. Worst of all I could feel the one emotion I despised the most, the one I had become all to familiar with on the day of my banishment; the sour taste of betrayal. 

I was erased. 

My family. My friends. 

My mother's legacy.

No one remembers it.

But even with all those disgusting feelings swirling around, threatening to break free I kept that arrogant smirk that I've learned to hide behind.

Looking over at my supposed 'family' I could see everything I had concluded was true. Just by the look of disappointment, and sadness on their faces. They hid this from me for all these years. Allowed me to think that I simply wasn't able to return. 

However someone's voice brought me out of my pitiful angry thoughts. And that person was none other than Ichigo.

"Rukia, at the very beginning you couldn't understand why I had been so against the thought of you being a soul reaper." he spoke up taking a breath before turning more towards her. 

"You wondered why I didn't believe you when you claimed to have come from the Soul society." Ichigo raised his voice catching her attention. His demeanor change snuffed out any idea of a retort before she or quite frankly I could speak.

I raised an eyebrow while dragging my hard gaze towards his face. Looking down momentarily I realized he had still been holding tightly onto my body. As he continued to speak with a determined look I pulled away from him to look him in the face better. He allowed me to pull away, though he kept a tight hold onto my hand. Glancing toward Rukia she looked just as curious and confused as I felt while listening to his speech.

"I didn't want to believe that someone from that place could so easily enter my room." He growled still holding my hand and rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "That someone like them, like the people that hurt Izumi so badly could just show up in this world and not go and see her before me!" He fumed. 

I looked at him feeling something turn in the pit of my stomach. Out of everyone, Ichigo always was on my side when I needed him.

I had burdened him with so much 

"Oh Ichi." I whispered looking away and glaring towards the floor hating myself for ever impacting his life the way I had. While he still clutched onto my hand for dear life.

"Ichigo you don't understand! This girl cannot possibly be from the Soul Society! She is lying to you! The Captain Commander had no Grandchildren! And if he did why would he ever banish her?" Rukia exclaimed heatedly, defending her ideals wholeheartedly.

And with that line of words I dropped Ichigo's hand and turned on my heel heading towards the entrance of the shop and slipped my shoes on. 

Looking back at her I smiled a little.

"That's something that we would all like to know?" And at that I flashed out the door and took to the sky right above the store. Crouching and catching my breath trying to fight through a panic attack I sat and watched Ichigo dart out of the store and down the road searching for me. Rukia ran out not too long after.

Before I knew it my supposed family were standing behind me in the sky. All probably looking at me in pity.

"Zumi?" I ignored the voice

And before they could come closer I flashed away from their sight. I'm too unstable for anyone to attempt to console right now.

"Izumi!??"

Sorry guys.

...