22

Recap:

Completely caught off guard, Renji fell back a little before he caught his footing. He stared into Izumi's eyes confused while she glared heavily at him; she gave off a familiar killing intent as a familiar spiky haired undefeated Captain. Ripping his blade from her hand he jumped back startled; her arrival had surprised everyone in the area, even the silent Captain Kuchiki who had been over looking the whole thing without lifting a finger. Without moving an inch, Izumi glared heatedly at both newcomers making them both take multiple steps back; Renji's more noticeable then Byakuya's. He was even more caught off guard when a extremely powerful slash from a Zanpakuto had broke the ground around him. Jumping up off of the street, he balanced himself on the dividing gate while looking at the new foe who appeared.

"Who they hell are you?!" he screamed while looking up at Ichigo then down at Izumi who was still guarding Ishida. Rage was evident on both of the teenager's faces. Izumi was scarcely in control of her Spiritual pressure as she tried to contain her anger. She had a fresh seal on Ichigo's powers, but this one wasn't nearly as strong as the other one was; it had been cemented in place for literal years opposed to the new one which had only been set for a few days.

"Ichigo Kurosaki! The one who's going to defeat you, so remember it well!" Ichigo roared while glaring heatedly at the man before glancing around the scene letting his eyes rest of Ishida and Izumi's protective stance in front of him. He had seen that stance more than once, when they were younger she would constantly protect him that very way.

Renji took a second to take in the situation in front of him; he looked at Ichigo taking in his Soul Reaper uniform before taking in Izumi's Captain robe. He had no idea what was going on, but he knew he had never seen these two before.

"Who are you? Whose orders are you following?" he tried to question but Izumi just turned and reached down to gather Ishida up from the ground as easily as she possibly could not wanting to aggravate his new wound.

....

When Renji realized she wouldn't respond he turned towards who he thought would be her liutenant, who just so happened to be Ichigo. 

"What is that idiotically huge sword?!" he exclaimed while looking on terrified. A snicker came from Izumi as she knelt down to better inspect Ishida's wound; it wasn't too serious. As long as he didn't lose too much blood here then he should recover just fine. 

"Huh, well I guess it is kind of big, isn't it?" Ichigo mumbled before looking at his sword in thought. "I thought it was pretty big compared to Rukia's, and Zumi has two so I guess up until now I haven't really had anyone else's to compare it to!" Ichigo said nonchalantly while thinking out loud; Izumi held in a little laugh as she thought about what the standard Soul Reaper's reaction would be to such a thing. 

Zanpakutou were reflections of spiritual power, the bigger or the 'more' power you have, then the bigger the sword; or in Izumi's case, hers evolved into two seperate swords. Thinking over it, she realized she never really explained that to him, and she didn't think Rukia did either. She held in a smile while looking up at the sweat now running down Renji's face. 

"Ichigo! That idiot, why did he come here!" Rukia said out loud making Izumi roll her eyes; trying to hide the boy yet first chance she gets she outs him. 

"Ah, I got it now! You're the human who stole Rukia's powers!" Renji exclaimed while looking the boy up and down timidly. That's one thing that really is starting to get to her was the fact they kept saying Ichigo 'stole Rukia's powers', yet she literally forced them onto him, and was just too weak to take them back. 

"So what if I am?" Ichigo played along while keeping a poker face plasterd on his face. 

"You're dead!" Renji screamed while charging off of his little petistal and got right into Ichigo's face before beginning to hack away at his body; all Ichigo could do was block at the speed the man was going. After all, the boy had only been trained agianst hollows, not people.