56

Camila stirred from her slumber when she felt a strange vibrating sensation in her back pocket.

Realizing it was her phone, the brunette quickly composed herself before looking at her screen, the word "Mom" flashing across it.

"Shit." She groaned, swiping her thumb across the small device and holding it up to her ear.

"Camila!" Her mom exclaimed, causing her daughter to flinch back a bit, her ears sensitive to the loud noise.

"Where the hell are you?"

"I'm safe mother, i'm just at a friends, there's no need to worry." Camila whispered, trying not to wake the other girl up.

"You had me worried sick! You could've at least shot me a quick text, I must've called you a hundred times."

Camila rolled her eyes at the exaggeration, checking her phone to see her mom called her a total of 52 times.

"I'm okay mother, I'll be home soon, give me a half hour."

The other line went dead, allowing the brunette to shoot a quick glance at the time which read "2:42 a.m."

Camila felt bad for leaving her newly acquired friend this early in the morning, however she knew Normani would understand eventually, it just wasn't something she felt was ready to come out yet.

Grabbing her things, the Latina tossed another look at her still sleeping friend before quietly closing the door and making her way out.