55

12:30 hit and Camila stood outside of Sally's, peaking out through her sunglasses to see if she could spot the ebony girl. She grew nervous as she felt the eyes of several people glancing towards her as they walked passed.

Continuing to search, she finally spotted whom she was looking for. Her nerves grew with every step taken towards her until both girls were finally face to face.

They stared at each other for what felt like forever until Normani finally engulfed the smaller girl into a giant hug. 

Camila visibly relaxed. hugs always make her feel better even in the toughest situations.

After a couple seconds longer, they finally broke apart. Normani gave the other girl a small smile and motioned towards the door to which she held open so her new friend could walk inside.

They sat at a 2 person booth across from each other. An awkward silence filled the air before Normani finally decided to speak, "Look Camila, I know I apologized in our private messages already, but I wanted to do so in person as well. I feel like you're a good person and my response was completely unacceptable. You did nothing wrong besides not want to show your face and you have every right not to. I stepped out of line and I am so deeply sorry for that."

Camila sat still, tears welling up in her eyes. She wasn't a very sensitive person to situations like this, but she very rarely hears people openly apologize to her. 

The brunette quickly wiped the tears before they fell, stood up, and gave Normani another hug.

"I'm sorry too Normani. I understand where you were coming from being as all the attention was focused on me and not the friend group as a whole. I would really like it if we got to know each other better and leave everything in the past."

"Of course," Normani replied, "What are friends for." She flashed her a bright smile and raised a hand to order.

--------------------------------------

Hours had passed and both girls ended up at Normani's place.

"Jeez this is the longest conversation I was actually interested in partaking in." Camila laughed to which the other girl chucked at.

"You're an easy person to talk to Camila, I enjoy spending time with you." Normani laid back on the bed, Camila following suit.

"I enjoy spending time with you too Normani."

Normani turned to face her new friend, contemplating asking a question thats been on her mind since she laid eyes on the girl, before just blurting it out.

"Why are you still wearing sunglasses."

Camila paused, not knowing what to say. She didn't want to lie because she's not a liar, but she couldn't exactly tell the truth either. At least not right now anyways.

"It's something you will find out in due time don't worry." She gave a small smile, opening her phone and capturing the moment with her camera.

Camila has had a small amount of friends in the past, but she felt safe around Normani. Which is something she doesn't feel around anybody, not even the other girls.

Her mom is always telling her to watch who she hangs around and watch who she talks to as a sense of protection, however she felt as though Normani will never be the type of person that you have to be careful around. She knows Normani is genuine and straight up and she likes that about the girl.

"In due time." Camila thinks to herself before softly closing her eyes to get some rest.