1・glasses

・2nd pov

SINCE the day you were born, you were given two things you saw as a curse

One, a literal curse— meaning, cursed energy.

And two, a figurative curse— the curse where you were given the opportunity to remember your previous lifetime.

And the fact that you knew that this new life was a damn anime that your friend used to watch.

You figured this out when you realized how many people had obviously odd-looking hair along with animatic features, yet no matter how much you questioned this you were instantly waved off by other people.

Don't even get started when you tried to point out to your parents how there was a weird ass, goopy-looking monster laying around the side of your goddamn couch.

Your brand new couch.

And this happened on multiple occasions, too.

Sometimes, it even went as far as to your parents reconsidering if they should bring you to therapy sessions, to which you turned down instantly.

They listened, of course.

You were glad you had understandable parents.

But you were definitely not glad to see those ugly creatures again.

Mind you, despite having these two things you called 'curses', you still tried your best to grow up in a normal environment as you conveniently ignore the fact that some of these curses tried to kill you.

Multiple times.

So what do you do when they chase after you?

Run.

Sure, maybe you can fight back but you didn't even know how to use jujutsu anyways, so you never bothered.

All you wished for was to live a normal life in this new world, just like you're previous one.

That was the one promise you kept to yourself.

But sometimes, promises were meant to be broken, right?

"Homie, those glasses look ugly on you."

Your figure straightened as you used your hands to clamp your mouth shut— you often forget how honest you were when you came across random people.

The last time you accidentally did this was when you compared a dude with a skunk as soon as you saw his hair.

Needless to say he called you dishwasher, then you retorted back by calling him a free bank account.