8・charm

・2nd pov

SHOKO Ieiri remembered the time where she used to own a pet bird during her childhood years

SHOKO Ieiri remembered the time where she used to own a pet bird during her childhood years. She treasured the bird as her own, she truly did— in fact, she loved her bird so much she confined it in its cage.

Never once has she freed it.

Don't get it wrong, she didn't want to do it. She just felt forced to as she understood in a young age that not every living thing is able to live as long as they hope for, including birds.

She knew this, Shoko Ieiri knew this. So, that's why she felt forced to lock her bird up— or that's what she kept repeating to herself.

Trust me, she wasn't crazy, she was just paranoid, truly.

She had the right reasoning to do so, it was completely normal in her defense. To be honest, she believed that those who disagree with her are the wrong ones.

She had to sigh.

At the end, her bird died. But that was to be expected. She shedded tears, mourning of her beloved pet's death— but she got over it, just like every owner of a pet did.

She grew up, just like every kid did.

And she found friends, just like every kid did.

What else was she missing? That's a good question, Shoko really didn't know, so she made herself think harder.

A piece in her mind was missing, something felt bare and naked in her brain. It racked her for days, months, and even years. She despised it and wanted to remove it quickly from her mind, but it didn't.

And it got so damn annoying.

Well, that was until she met you, it felt like something inside her finally clicked... that's right, she couldn't believe she forgot something so basic yet so obvious.

What she was missing was love.

And maybe even...

Obsession.

A small calico cat charm swung around in front of your eyes, the thread being hung by the finger's of Shoko. She gestured the charm over to you as the others were away to pay at the cash register, "You wanted one for your mom didn't you? Here."

You blinked, finally breaking out of your trance when you quickly cupped your hands to catch the charm that was dropped by the brunette, "Wait, you actually bought me one?"