2・book

・2nd pov

[h/t] = hair texture
ex. straight, wavy, curly, kinky

YOU still weren't sure who the guy you met a few days ago was, but you knew most definitely it was an important character and that would completely destroy your chances of living a normal life

You see, you really weren't interested in having to deal with people fighting for their lives to get rid of curses trying to kill other people, you kinda cherished your given life after all.

So it was absolutely necessary to have zero ties with anyone who has anything to do with the anime's storyline.

Meaning, nothing to do with cursed users nor cursed spirits.

And you were dead set on that goal.

"Oh, here you dropped this."

You looked up and...

Shit.

Your mind rebooted for a second.

A girl around your age with tired-looking, hazenut eyes, a mole on her right cheek, and short brunette hair crouched down to pick up your fallen book on the ground.

She had very familiar tired-looking eyes.

Because unlike your encounter with the other guy who you suspected to be one of the major characters in the anime, you knew damn well who this person was.

Shoko Ieiri, one of the only characters you would significantly remember whenever your friend would fawn over specific scenes or segments.

You never knew why you could properly remember her despite the fact she wasn't a major character. Was it was her personality? Her appearance? You weren't sure, but you had to get away from her in some way or another.

"Thank you," you blandly reply, taking the book by her hands.

Before you were even able to make another step, she continued to speak, "Oh, isn't that the newly released novel from the Ouran series? It's one of my favorites."

You bit your lips, Just walk away... maybe if you just pretend to speak another language she will leave you alone. Wait, but I already thanked her in Japanese. Damn it all!

"Uh, hello?"

"Ah," you mumbled, "Sorry, I was phasing out a bit."

Shoko gave a lazy grin, "No problem, it's understandable. I usually do the same thing when I have to deal with my annoying classmates... or during anytime at all for that matter."

"Really? I guess, I could relate since I'm not much of a talker whatsoever but..."

You glanced at the book you were holding and slowly handed it over to Shoko, her eyes widening at your actions.