3・bread

・2nd pov

"WELCOME to Kimetsu Bakery," you dryly greeted to the young blonde, to which he gave a simple bow in response

Growing up, you normally saw Fridays as a day where you could finally rest. Where the 'hell' people called 'schools' were finally coming to a pause, letting you take all the time you need to refresh before you go back.

But now, you weren't sure if you could call Fridays your favorite day anymore knowing you had something called a 'part-time job'.

Icky, right?

Don't get it wrong, you were truly thankful that you were able to be given the chance to make money at a young age. But you still missed the feeling of being able to let go all of your stress you piled up during your weekdays.

Not like you had the choice to do that anymore, you needed to make some bucks for college cause you didn't feel like burdening your parents with your financial problems.

Plus, they've done a lot for you anyways, so might as well do some work for them.

"Next," you called.

The same blonde who you welcomed came within view as he put down a decent sized filling of garlic bread besides the checkout, letting you total up the amount in the cash register.

You really do have a boring job, don't you.

"Okay, so your total will be thirteen thousand and thirty yen," you informed, placing the wrapped bread inside a plastic bag, "Cash or debit?"

"..."

Noticing the lack of response, you looked over at the boy in front of you who seemed to be in high distress as he fumbled around his empty wallet.

Oh, empty wallet.

I see.

"Sir?" You called, "Is everything alright?"

"Ah, I think I ran out of money..." he frowned, "I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused, but I think I'll have to leave the food here."

Your eyes squinted, observing the boy in front of you who seemed extremely tired, most likely stressed from something important bothering him. Strangely, you could relate to him in some way.

You're starting to feel kinda bad now.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to help someone up, right?

Right, you had the money after all.

"How about I pay for you instead," you suggested, catching the younger teen off guard.

"H- Huh? What do you mean," he furrowed his brows, "Like for the bread? You?"

You nodded, "Yeah, I can pay for you if you'd like, I really don't mind."

"Are you sure?"

You tightened your lips. You swore you felt deja vu when you heard him say those exact words.