Chapter 18: A Crushing Defeat!

The battle finally reaches its conclusion! A new arrival claims to know Rai. Who is this mysterious man? Is he an ally, or enemy? Find out...

Now!

3rd Person POV

———————?????———————

Deep in space, the mysterious man could be seen, flying as fast as he can.

???: 'Rai... After all these years, you're alive...'

His thoughts were interrupted as he sensed not only Rai's ki, but multiple ki signatures, and all of them were fighting.

???: 'Damnit. This isn't good. Rai, just hold on!'

And with that, he increased his speed, heading towards the battle as fast as he could.

He only hoped that he wouldn't be too late...

————————————————————

The battle continued, both warriors refusing to back down. And Heracles was still talking.

Heracles: "Why do you continue to resist? No matter how hard you fight, this world will be brought to heel, and all of you rebellious mortals will be snuffed out! Why not rule as a god?!"

Rai: "For Oum's sake, what's so hard to understand about the word 'NO'?!"

He swung his sword and Heracles blocked, the blade clashing with the Olympian's arm, which was now covered in a black metal over his skin.

Rai: 'What the...?!'

Heracles: "Twelve Styles: Nemean Lion."

He struck Rai, his fist catching him in the face, and Rai stumbled backwards, shaking his head to try and blink the stars out of his vision. Heracles didn't let up his assault, and Rai barely had time to lift his sword to block.

Heracles: "Is it becoming clear? The difference between us!"

Rai: "Ngh..."

Heracles: "Since I'm feeling generous, I'll let you in on a little secret."

And he kept on talking, throwing punches all the while.

Heracles: "The only reason you managed to kill Magni and Modi as easily as you did, was because they were simply minor gods. Truthfully, even I am not the most powerful of either the Aesir or the Olympians. Surely you must realize you stand no chance against our might!"

Rai finally managed to sidestep a punch that could shatter mountains and more than likely would have taken his head off, and swung GodSlayer, aiming for Heracles' neck. But it was no use, as he used his power to harden his neck, stopping the blade in its tracks.

Rai: "W-What...?!"

Heracles: "Hmph. I see you Saiyans are truly stubborn. But your resolve is commendable."

Rai tried to throw a surprise punch, but the god of strength quickly stopped him, grabbing his wrists and capturing him in a bear hug and then began slowly crushing him.

Heracles: "But then again, resolve is easily broken when enough pressure is applied."

The horrible feeling of having the life squeezed out of him was enough to make Rai scream in pain.

Rai: "Ngh! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!"

He was trapped, his ribs slowly crushing his lungs. He couldn't focus his breathing.