11: New perspective

"Come on Nik, don't be chicken!"  It was almost midnight and Luna had finally been able to sneak out of the King and Queen's Midsummer ball. She had been trying all night but her brother was keeping a close eye on her the entire night. It wasn't until she saw him leave the room with some girl that she grabbed Nikolai and ran out of the ballroom. 

Nikolai tried to keep up with the girl but he was proving to be unsuccessful, even with her wearing heels and a dress. 

She ran all to way to the lake and begun making her way to onto the dock. 

"I want to go swimming." She said looking back at him smiling. 

"what about your dress?" 

"It'll only give me a reason to never wear it again, come on." With that, she jumped in the water without shame. 

"The water is so nice Nik, just jump in with me it'll be fun." She pleaded to Nikolai.

"But I just got this new suit."

Luna gasped loudly, "I think something just touched my foot"

"Probably just a fish, scaredy cat. Come on out that water is disc—"

He was cut off by a loud sheik from Luna and then immediate silence as she was pulled under the water by something. 

"Luna!" Nikolai searched the water for any sign of the girl but found none. 

Nikolai dived into the water, totally forgetting his brand new outfit in search for Luna. On his first dive down he found nothing. On the second, he felt her hair graze his arm. Relieved, he swum down further to hook his arms under her shoulders and swam them both to the surface. 

Once they were both above water he looked down at her. Her eyes were closed and she appeared to be unconscious.

"Oh saints, oh saints. Luna, wake up wake up!" with the hand not holding her above water he tapped her cheek in attempts to wake her. He started to swim to shore, but then he noticed the slight twitch in the side of her mouth, "Luna?" Suddenly there was water being shot at his face. 

Luna burst out laughing in his arms after spitting out all the water she had stored in her cheeks just to spit in his face. 

Nikolai just looked down at her with a frozen expression as she laughed. When she finally calmed down she looked up at to meet his eyes, "You should have heard yourself. You were all, "Luna wake up, don't be dead. I need you Luna, wake up, you're so much funnier and smarter than me, please I can't live without you,"

"That is nothing like what I said,"

"Maybe not but I know you were thinking it," His heart was still beating at a high rate.

"Oh so next time, I promise I'll just let you drown." 

She chuckled, "Nik, I'm a Tidemaker, I don't think I can drown."

"Think?"

"Well I've obviously never tried it before,"

"Lets keep it that way."

~~~

Nikolai's Pov

She cheated on me. 

Well, she cheated on me, with me, so does it really count?