Detective

Third person pov

The cold wind of the winter spread out through their jackets. The sky is dark as the streets had gone quiet. Or is it?

"You can't run forever! Give up now!"

Detective Y/n shouted as her breathe appeared through the chilly night. Her gun pointing at the man waiting for his next move.

The man raised his hand up defeatedly as Y/n quickly kept her gun and reached for her hand cuffs, just in time for the other girl to arrive at the scene. Panting.

"Yah, why do you have to be so fast." Dahyun, her partner, panted as she placed her hands around her hips.

Y/n rolled her eyes at her partner as she cuffed the man.

"You're arrested for trespassing a private property and theft." Y/n said plainly as the man dropped his head defeatedly. "Anything you say can be used against you." And as she ended her sentence, the police finally arrived.

"Oh look. Co-workers." Dahyun mumbled.

Y/n glanced at her 'new' partners once again rolling her eyes.

'Why do police always have to be late?'

------

"The great detective Y/n!" Lieutenant Kim, Y/n and Dahyun's boss, spun around his chair. A bright annoying smile plastered on his face as he stared at Y/n who is looking at him blankly. "Congratulations for catching another awful criminal." He said brightly. "It was quite a catch isn't it?" He asked Dahyun who was smiling brightly beside Y/n.

"Yes! It was thrilling! And she is so fast. I'm glad to be her partner." Dahyun said joyfully, bumping her shoulders towards Y/n who still stared at their boss blankly.

"How's your new partner?" Lieutenant Kim mocked Y/n who still remained unfazed.

"We're here for another business." Y/n deadpanned that made Dahyun bit her lip.

Lieutenant Kim chuckled as he stood up from his chair.

"You really are like your father Y/n. Just straight business." Lieutenant Kim smirked. "Anyways, the Japanese called. They are transferring the case on us." He said putting his hand on his pocket.

"Again?" Y/n said questionably crossing her arms.

"Yes. And of course, you're the only one I trust in this. So enough the chat. Get your guns and bullets. Don't disappoint your father." He stated.

Y/n sighed heavily before walking out of the office.

"Be careful around her, Detective Kim." Their boss added as Dahyun only nodded confusingly quickly following her so-called partner.

Dahyun reached her partner as she saw her staring blankly at their car.

"So... what now?" Dahyun asked slowly.

"Look, I don't have time for a chit-chat Kim. This case is big deal. We'll have to be serious about this. I know you're new and all of that and I still have to warn you with stuff but I'll need you to be serious and attentive. I've handled this case before." Y/n faced her partner who only raised her brows. "I need you to not be stupid and reckless. Listen to me and don't sabotage my plan. I failed this then I won't fail it now." Y/n ended.

"What happened then?" The girl asked. Y/n stared at her for a minute before looking away at the girl.

"My partner died."

------

Y/n pov

"Should have stayed at home?" He said as he cocked his gun.