Fangs

Y/n pov

As I walk through the coldness of the night with the groceries on my hand, I can't help but feel like someone or maybe something is watching me.

I shrugged it off choosing to enjoy my time at this hour.

I arrived in my house in no time as I easily slipped inside. The bag of groceries making immense sounds as I quickly dropped the bags on top of the counter wanting to just rest.

As I finished arranging the groceries, I quickly done my night routine.

My body collided the sheets of my bed making me sigh in satisfaction.

'Finally.' I thought. My mind drifting onto what happened today.

Work.

It has always been work.

Never endless pile of work.

I always wonder, can this cycle change?

Ever since that night, my life had been a broken record player.

The feeling of reaching that end point always gets me. But then again, it will all come back and play with no assurance of new beginning.

It was awhile before I decided to stop hoping and just play along.

Because I know, deep inside of me, that no one, not even a thing, can make my life meaningful again.

It's just her. And will always be her.

I closed my eyes tiringly wanting to just slip away and float into the lining of existence.

And yet the feeling of being watched by something still lingers in the back of my mind.

'The world could be watching me.'

Was my last thought before I felt my consciousness finally rest.

————————

It was another day. Another cycle. Another routine.

It just all comes back to me.

Here I am. Walking into the coldness of the night. Again.

The only difference from last night is that I have no annoying bag of groceries in my hands.

But the feeling of someone watching still lingers at the back of my head.

I felt the coldness seep through my jacket making me stop in my tracks.

'Something's wrong.' I thought.

I glanced around seeing nothing sketchy. Not even a sound is heard.

That's why when I saw someone suddenly standing in front of me, I screeched feeling my anxiety rise up.

"What- who are you?!" I blurted out feeling scared.

The person in front of me have their face covered by their hoodie.

My eyes shifted to their shoes seeing it was a pair of heels.

'It's a woman?' I ought to think as my brow furrowed.

But then my eyes shifted more and accidentally landed on her ring.

That ring.

That was hers.

I gave it to her.

My eyes slowly widening in shock as I felt my fingers and lips go numb.

"No.. it can't be.." I whispered, slowly backing away from the said person.

I saw them tensed at my words but quickly regained their composure. They were about to take a step when a word suddenly got out of my mouth.