Alpha (Edward centric)

This idea was by MemoHoran28. I changed it a bit according to Edward's personality in my book, which is kinda self-sacrificing.

As soon as Edward woke up, he knew something was wrong. His throat felt a little itchy and he could feel a headache coming. But, he just brushed it off and started his daily routine.

He woke his brothers up for school before brushing and showering. He went to the kitchen to help his mom and dad cook breakfast. After his brothers were ready too the family ate together before the triplets went over to Louis' to wake him up and drive to school with him.

As the day progressed, Edward's health deteriorated until he was not even able to focus on his lessons.

During lunch period, Edward barely contributed to any conversations and tried to eat as much as he could to get his energy back. Harry, Marcel and Louis kept exchanging worried glances, all of which Edward missed as he was focused more on the throbbing pain in his head.

After lunch, Edward quietly slipped into the nurse's office and reported his systems.

The nurse checked his temperature and after determining that he did have a high fever, he called his mother so Edward could go home.

When he was all comfy in his mom's car's back seat he groaned,"Moooom, it hurts."

"Oh baby, I know, I'll give you some medicine as soon as we get home. I'm sure your mates are very worried about you. Hm, I can just picture what will happen when they come home."

"Uhh... I didn't tell them."

Edward's words shocked Anne as her sons and Louis have never kept anything from each other. "Babe, why did you do that?"

"I didn't want to worry them mum, it's my job to take care of everyone not theirs."

"Honey, that's not true at all. You all should take care of each other. You know they will be mad at you for not telling them."

Edward's eyes filled with tears, partly due to the pain and partly because he couldn't pull himself together enough to take care of his mates.

Anne immediately stopped the car at the side of the road as soon as she noticed her eldest crying and rushed to the back seat.

When Anne was in touching distance, Edward tucked his face against her neck and hugged her tightly,  muffling his sobs.

Anne gently rubbed his back and cooed in his ear,"Baby you don't need to always be the to take care of everything. I see how devoted you are to your mates and how much you do for them. You can let go and let them take care of you sometimes too. They are not going to think you're weak just because you want to be taken care of too."

"Okay momma," Edward whispered. Anne felt her heartbeat stutter when Edward called her 'momma' as he used when he was a little kid.

"My precious baby. Don't cry anymore, your headache will worsen. Let's go home and I'll make you some tofu noodle soup." Anne said, while drying his tears with her hand. She finished by placing a big kiss on his cheek, smudging lipstick on his cheek. She smiled when he didn't wipe it off and just layed back down.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When Jay came to pick up Louis, Harry and Marcel, she was startled at the way the three of them ran towards her and started to talk over each other with distress visible on their faces.

"Hey Hey hey, calm down children, and don't speak over each other."

"Mumma, we can't find Eddie anywhere and his friends were saying they haven't seen him since lunch. He's missing! We need to go to the police right now!! Let's go, oh my poor alpha. I hope he is alright. Mum why are you just standing there?!"

"Yeah mum, we need to go to the police station! Lord knows where the kidnappers might have taken him by now and -"

"Okay, enough!" Jay raised her voice, stopping the boys from ranting anymore, even though she melted a bit when Harry called her mum subconsciously.

"Your Eddie is fine. He just had to go home early because he wasn't feeling well."

"He's at home? He's okay?" Marcel questioned, unshed tears glistening in his eyes.

"Yes darling he's alright. He has a fever and a nasty headache but he's fine."

The three boys deflated in relief, shuffling into the car without saying another word.

As soon as they were, the three ran towards Edward's room, where they found him sleeping. The three sagged with relief.

Marcel moved forward to cover Edward with his comforter and then sat next to him, placing a hand on his forehead. "His fever is still too high." Marcel said worriedly.

"I'll get a cold towel and more medicine," Louis said, quickly going downstairs to get the things. He also grabbed some water bottles and the sandwiches Anne had left for them.

When he got back to the room, he saw Harry and Marcel laying down on either side of Edward, worriedly caressing his arms. He smiled at the triplets and gently placed the cold towel on Edward's forehead.

He gently shushed Edward when he fussed at the coldness and then snuggled against Marcel's back.

Marcel turned his body a little towards him, and gripping his waist, he hoisted Louis in between him and Edward. Louis kissed Marcel's neck in thanks and nuzzled into Edward's side.

The three couldn't sleep at all and they lay awake waiting for Edward to wake up.

When Edward finally woke up, he removed the cold cloth and suddenly sat up, making his head spin. The other three sat up with him.

"Lay back down Eddie, you need to rest." Harry said placing his hand on Edward's shoulder.

Edward shrugged his hand off and said,"I'm fine baby, don't worry."

"No, bubba please, you still have such a high fever. You need to take some medicine." Marcel said, his hand fisting the back of Edward's t-shirt.

"Marcie, it's nothing, I'm okay. Have you three eaten? Mum made sandwiches. Go wash up and then go eat. And Louis I know I said I'll get you the satin cloth that you wanted so I'll go today -"

"Eddie! You are not going anywhere. Lay your ass back down on the bed! I should have your head for not telling us you were sick earlier, we could have been taking care of you all this time!! Now take some medicine, eat some soup and sleep! You are not getting up from this bed until you are well. If you even try I swear to God-"
Louis ranted, manhandling Edward into leaning against the headrest and handing him the medicine and a water bottle.

"Wow, he's angry," Harry whispered to Marcel, his eyes wide.

Marcel nodded back to him with a matching expression on his face.

Edward just sat back and let Louis scold him, taking the medicine when it was handed to him and accepting his mates' worry.

He kept his mouth shut as Louis kept ranting, although he appreciated that Louis wasn't shouting.

Edward did not complain when Harry laid him back down and when Marcel placed another icepack on his head. He let his mates coddle him and take care of him.

He did not complain when the three dragged him downstairs and bundled him up in blankets. He did not complain when Louis fed him soup, blowing on every spoonful before putting the spoon in front of his mouth.

And he pointedly ignored his mother's smirk when she saw the Edward on the living room sofa, a thermometer in his mouth, Harry holding an icepack to his forehead, Louis massaging his head and Marcel laying his head on Edward's lap.

Wooooow, another update. I really enjoyed writing this one.

Writing the scene between Edward and Anne literally gave me goosebumps.

Hope you all enjoy. As always ideas are very welcome and appreciated.