Chapter Three: Class 1-A's Distrust

Izuku and Ochaco burst through the doors of the UA Class 1-A dorms, gasping for air as sweat drenched every part of their bodies. The two collapsed to the ground as the evening sunlight blazed into the common room.

"We... did... it..." Ochaco gasped as she rolled over onto her back, her chest rising and falling. Izuku pushed himself up into a sitting position against the doorframe as he stared down at the pavement, wiping sweat from his brow.

"Hey, Midoriya and Uraraka are back!" a voice called from the common room. Izuku and Ochaco looked up tiredly to see Mina and Kirishima heading towards them. Mina bent down to help Ochaco up with Kirishima offering a hand to Izuku.

"Extra laps from Aizawa?" Kirishima asked with a sharp smile as he heaved Izuku off the ground. Izuku grinned guiltily.

"Yeah. We were late to his office by his standards..." Izuku said, rubbing the back of his head. Suddenly, Izuku's eyes turned from tired to scared as he began darting around the common room of the Class 1-A dorm.

"Wait! My mom isn't here is she?" Izuku asked nervously as he took a few steps forward to look down the hall. Kirishima laughed as he patted Izuku on the back.

"Not today man, you know they moved all the parents into another building. It's actually pretty amazing that UA can build stuff like that so quickly, making dorm buildings so fast..."

"We can thank Cementoss for that..." Izuku said with a sigh of relief. Izuku's mother, along with the other parents of the UA Students, had been transferred to school campus living due to the oncoming threat of the Liberation War.

"Why doesn't Midoriya want his mother here?" Mina asked, closing the dorm entrance behind them. Ochaco giggled as she turned to Mina.

"She keeps babying him, visiting the dorms and making sure he's okay with everything that happens. Izu is embarrassed. I don't think he wants to be pampered by his mother in front of his girlfriend, but I think it's kinda cute..."

"I'm glad one of us does," Izuku said, now walking towards the kitchen to grab a water from the refrigerator. Ochaco and Mina giggled as Izuku pouted in embarrassment as he walked away. The moment Izuku was out of earshot, however, Mina and Kirishima's faces lost their smile. Ochaco, noticing their sudden change in attitude, furrowed her eyebrows just a bit. She took a breath as she prepared herself for the incoming barrage of questions.

"Uraraka, when are we going to get an explanation?" Kirishima asked uncharacteristically sternly. "Before we assumed that the Liberation and the League were after Midoriya because he was strong, but we know there's more to it..."

"Yea... We were all there in that doctors lab... We heard the term One for All," Mina said worriedly. "We tried to look past it, but there's something odd going on. Midoriya and All Might having the same sounding quirk, he has that black stuff going on with him, and sometimes he can fly..."

"He just... It seems like he has a connection to that All for One guy," Kirishima summed up. "And it doesn't help with that Shinso guy is asking around about it. He keeps asking if anyone knows anything about One for All..."

"And isn't Midoriya going on some separate mission than the rest of us?" Mina asked.

"Guys!" Ochaco said in a harsh whisper. "Stop!"

Kirishima and Mina both instantly shut their mouths, guiltiness covering both of their faces. Ochaco sighed as she ran her fingers through her thick brown hair.

"Sorry..." Mina said quietly. "It's just... We're worried about him. Midoriya and yourself."

"Yea... You're more than just classmates to us, you know?" Kirishima said, cracking his knuckles, not knowing what else to do with his hands. "We want to be there to help..."